Do you believe that this life is all there is

by Fisherman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"This life" has so much to offer another one just isn't necessary. Unfortunately people are too caught up in their fears and delusions to appreciate it.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Waton: Valid question. In the story, all the resurrected ones came back to the same kind of life, even after having broken the life/genetic line to A&E's faulty one.

Very interesting... for some reason, I never thought of this until you mentioned it here. That is soo true! If they were resurrected, then why did they have to die again?

• Mum
    Mum

In 1975, Dr. Raymond Moody wrote a book called "Life after Life," in which he speaks of people clinically dying and moving on to some other realm. His conclusion is that there is an afterlife, whether we call it heaven or not. There are many YouTube videos of people who have experienced this phenomenon.

Regardless of religion, race, or sexual orientation, there are hundreds of thousands of people who have had this experience. There is too much evidence of it for me to be sure one way or the other. There is no evidence that one has to be Christian to experience this.

We will all find out for sure some day.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Let's say Dr. Moody is correct and something continues. Why would this be just a human experience? Ravens, crows and other corvids demonstrate intelligence greater than my twin brother (yes, that IS a cheap shot, but if you knew him...) Elephants and other mammals are intelligent and have self-awareness, as do (IIRC) whales and their kin. Do these, our brethren, also have an afterlife? Let's not cling to Victorian ideas about the "crown of creation."

• waton
    waton
    That is soo true! If they were resurrected, then why did they have to die again? St. Laliberte'

not only that, but it not seem to make any difference whether the ransom was paid and delivered.

If there is an automatic afterlife, why would this most important information, interview style, not have been provided after all the recorded bible resurrections.? After all, the story has snakes and asses talk, why would the newly minted "children of the resurrection" be mum?

Vivre la pensee libre, vivre Laliberte'

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Are the mentally retarded also retarded in the afterlife?
  • Simon
    Simon
    The Bible records resurrections

No it doesn't. It contains baseless stories.

and there is orher evidence besides that gives hope.

No there isn't, if there was you could point to it.

What do you think, is there enough evidence to believe in another life?

There's only stories and wishful thinking I'm afraid.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The Bible records resurrections and there is other evidence

Fairy tale accounts by middle eastern goat herders are not evidence. And there is no other evidence, so no, i don't believe it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

There is no way of verifying the existence of God.

There is no way of verifying the existence of an afterlife.

I guess I'll find out about it on my deathbed.

What I do know, is that this life right now is real, so I'll concentrate on this.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Luke 20:37,38 (nwt-E) — But that the dead are raised up, even Moses made known in the account about the thornbush, when he calls Jehovah ‘the God of Abraham and God of Isaac and God of Jacob.’ 38 HE is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him.”

This also proves that Jesus is not God.

But the Bible clearly and unambiguously teaches a resurrection. —Were all those people lying and is the Bible a pack of lies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit