Just sittin' and mindin' my own business...

by Distracted 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the main thing is---

---did she have a nice ass ?

• Distracted
    Distracted

tepidpoultry, Our area has a lot of wonderful trails through the city and I see witnesses with their carts at some of the entrances on a regular basis. I think it must be neat for them doing this kind of activity rather than door knocking but I think it could be annoying/disturbing to the people wanting a moment of peace and quiet. I like hiking but now I am getting paranoid about going on certain trails where I have seen them set up shop.

berrygerry, thanks for the references. Yes, I remember being trained to show personal interest in people. Take time and get them talking. The lady I told my story about just gave me her card and then lost interest in me. Not very good at her mission. Lol. I guess she saw she had other fish to fry. I doubt that even if I knew nothing about the witnesses and was looking for a religion, nothing she did in that experience would have made me interested in hers.Yes, I think I would have still been put off by the experience, Crazyguy.

• Chook
    Chook

I would have took this as the opportunity of a life time and let her self hang.if I had and I would use bait , set the scene, admit in her own words then the sales pitch of the century from a devoted apostate. And I would stipulate that on my learning about Jesus she is present. The scales are thick on the lashes of our dear sister but anyone who has the balls to preach in their jeans needs a good spanking.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm sorry but I don't see the problem.;)

She noticed you were sketching. She gave you some free paper.

Think about it.

You can pioneer (see what I did there?) a new art genre with tiny surfaces vandalized to become small apostate artworks.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How idiotic is that??

I mean, she comes by to "offer a free bible study". She is already talking with you...but then just gives a card and leaves??

She was talking with you already! If the Bible study is that important, and she had already established a report with you, JUST START with the study information there and then.

WHY leave a card inviting someone to a conversation that they are already having??

That shows the level of insincerity the org now has. IT IS NOT about a "witness or study", it is just about time - NOT people.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Do these people not know how creepy they are?

I always found the idea of "informal witnessing" distasteful and dishonest even when I was in.

Although, I always had a problem with being too honest I would go the door and say "Hi, I am a Jehovahs Witness and I 'm here to offer you a bible study, are you interested?

I was told it was "too forthright." 🤐

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit