I can't find the damn thing!!!!!

by Thunder Rider 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'll send Jennie over. She can find anything.

Nina

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

One thought struck me as I read this thread thunder

If you have central AC/Heating and the watch has fallen into a vent then the alarm
    will sound almost equally in every room connected to that duct.

Goshawk of the devils advocate class

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL...

Funniest thread I've read for ages, although I'm in complete sympathy for you, Thunder. Maybe you should have a little competition where you get the kids up early, in time to hear the alarm go off? The one who finds the alarm gets a prize! The kids are sure to find it somewhere.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Yeah, ThunderRider...go figure!? Isn't that insane?

Same thing happened with me and a cordless phone.

I was at a huge gathering, friends and family. There was a cordless phone.....somewhere....and it kept ringing and we couldn't find it.

We were outside, and there were many tables and chairs and enough plates of food and beverages to sink a ship. But this damn phone would go off, and we'd be all looking for it, literally lifting plates, trays and sandwiches trying to locate it.

I remember knowing I was right near it once, as it rang, and this old lady and myself started looking at the table, and again, we couldn't find it. We asked my friend what it looked like and he said it was a small white cordless phone. Well, everything on the table, was white, even the damn bread used to make the sandwiches. We lifted plates, napkins, bowls, glasses and trays, but to no avail.

Later, and wouldn't you know it, the phone rang again, but this time, the kids were seated at the place where the phone was. They reached in, I think it was, the bag for the plastic forks, knives and spoons, and answered it.

Go figure!?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I have checked all the dogs and cats 3 each both ends

Lol, Lol, lol

My sympathies Thunder.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I just wanted to say that this story is SO cute !!!

• talley
    talley

You could try cupping your hands behind your ears and then turning slowly in place to try to 'zero in' on the direction it is comming from. I found hubby's watch-chronometer-stopwatch that way. Lot'sa luck!! talley

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Who says internet forums can't have practical uses? I have to show this thread to my wife.

Gamaliel

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Friends,

Picture if you will, a grown man at the end of his wits, wandering around his home in his shorts, hands cupped to either side of his head trying to locate the antagonistic beeping that has vexed him for months!

Not a pretty site. Hope none of you read that while eating breakfast.

I did that this morning and the mystery deepens. I could hear the beeping in the kitchen, family room and livingroom. It quit before I made it down the hall to the bedrooms.

Then it dawned on me, the furnace!

Yes folks, I have solved the mystery beeping. My watch was in the furnace case. I must have laid it there back during the winter when I had to work on the thing. I had to replace one of the limit switches and I had laid the watch on the bottom of the case and left it there. The sound was funneling down through the duct work and so was audible in every room.

So much for my alien consiracy theory. I wonder what I will do with those extra 20 seconds of free time every morning? Can't think of anything.....

Thunder

Oh by the way thanx for all the suggestions and reassurances that I was not the only one to have experienced this type of dilemma.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Mayonnaise Syndrome. You know, where you look and look for something that should be right here but isn't, and when you find it, it was in a place you swear you searched already -- thoroughly.

Yep, that's me!

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit