Bad teachings for kids

by Freedom rocks 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We had a CO give a talk at the Circus Assm declaring the evils of oral & anal sex. He especially warned young girls about not getting snowballed by these young guys telling them such things are "not really sex". Judging from the snickers, I'm sure all the youth understood "snowballing" in a different context, while it went right over the head of the old folks in the audience.I'm sure the CO had no idea either.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Its funny the things COs say that for some reason they don't get. The "snowballing" I understand why.

One CO gave a talk and used the example of how in a family with kids, when the parents are not home, that the kids NEED to listen to the Big Brother. He went on and on and use the Big Brother metaphor over and over on how the FDS is our Big Brother.

I mean seriously how did he not know the connotation to 1984?

But I have to hand it to him - he was for once Speaking the Truth!!!!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I give my late father full marks here.

His newly-converted JW mother managed to lure him along to a few public talks (mainly at Circuit Assemblies) and other JW meetings. However, he was quick to note that much of the content was not suitable for the many children in the audience. Consequently, he resisted the pressure from his JW mother to have us kids reared as Witnesses.

For that I cannot thank him enough!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

How many times did we have to listen to cringe-y talks about "things peculiar to women" and how marital due should not take place during the women's peculiar time. UGH

• Half banana
    Half banana

Why is the JW org so insensitive to the feelings to their audience being notably indifferent to sexual content with young children present? No other group that I know of would be so lacking in compassion and understanding of their listeners.

The first thing it says is that the content of the material is so important that however disgusting to normal ears it must be transmitted at all costs. This is a fallacy of cult leadership and their prideful sense of self importance.

How many times did we have to sit and listen to uneducated zealots spinning the Watchtower line using malapropisms, irrelevant illustrations, fairy tales read as if they were fact, inappropriate sexual material for children, portentous events to come which never did etc.-- and to an audience which was groomed not to question the authority of the speaker?

Jehovah's Witness are an ABUSIVE cult, it's just as well their influence is declining.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Their views on sex is really a two edge sword. On one side they are telling people how evil certain sexual acts are on the other it puts new ideas into children and adults heads they never thought of before.

When it came to their talks and wt studies on the big A it was the cause of many nightmares for many of us as children. I often wonder how many have experience PTSD because of those talks and wt studies you heard as children? Still Totally ADD

• Biahi
    Biahi

I remember an old couple in our hall concerned over the prohibition on oral sex, because they thought they meant speaking to each other during sex, such as "I love you" , etc. lol. Actual oral sex never entered their minds.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Bad teachings for kids? How about the entire old testament?

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

We can thank Ruthorford for this one.

A few of his peers suggested kid-oriented material, but he that was something "Christendom" did (wisely, in retrospect), and his general anti-Catholic fuck-you contrarianism vetoed the idea pretty much right out of the gate.

He - and the Org ever since - has pretty much viewed children as simply miniature adults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit