Bad teachings for kids

by Freedom rocks 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

During my time in the cult I sometimes sat during a talk thinking why on earth are they talking about topics like this with kids in the audience. Talking about sex and masturbation was probably the worst one I heard and my daughter was only 5 at the time.

What inappropriate talks or comments have you heard over the years that children should not be exposed to really?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I know! Of course, the way it is presented is the worst, filling kids with the vision of shame and guilt.

I used to think it was so stupid of other churches having separate classes for the kids while the parents go the sermons.

So many things I thought were great were so harmful.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

How about the death of everyone else on earth and how they will be eaten by birds? Lots of Bible stories read like soap operas with who is sleeping with this person or that, who is executed, stories of stoning and the rape of Dinah, etc. Just good clean fun. :/

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I avoided those chapters in the kids books with my daughter coz i still thought they were inappropriate

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I got a shock at an assembly when she was 9 coz she was taking notes and had written 'stay away from gay men coz they're going to die' and 'sex is bad'. She even wrote a list once of the worldly people that she knew that were going to die at Armageddon. I was horrified

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

My wife's dad wouldn't ever study the parts in the "greatest man" book about Jesus' death with the family, not even during Memorial season. He really struggled with mentions of violence, though he had no trouble getting physical with my wife when she was a kid and taking out his frustrations on her by hitting her. I wonder how he liked the recent videos with the JWs surrounded by people with guns.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree. Back in the day, Sam Herd was a speaker at our CA. He went on at length ( no pun intended ) about the dangers of oral and anal sex.

I was probably 12 at the time, but there were much younger children in the audience, a captive audience.

Very thoughtless and inappropriate, or perhaps very purposeful and evil. I’m not exactly sure which…

DD

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I've heard loads of stories about how physical jws were with their kids years ago and some that still are nowadays

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Their views on oral and anal sex were ridiculous. I can t remember having to sit through a talk on those thankfully. I'd have left the room with my daughter if there'd been a talk about them

• tiki
    tiki

That religion promotes a very unnatural and unhealthy view is sex....and thousands have grown up with damaged attitudes. The old uptight chauvinistss ought to keep off certain subjects all together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit