Refusing a blood transfusion

by BourneIdentity 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Especially as kids without a mum or dad are 100 times more likely to go off the rails...and when they do, there is no one to care and fight to bring them back to safety, if you know what I mean. Therefore they themselves are more likely to loose their place in the new system/paradise etc, if that is what you believe, so yes it is rather selfish to leave them unguarded and untutored.

The same goes for shunning your DF kids - its completely putting your own place in paradise before being there for them and therefore throwing them to satan, effectively.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    1958 Watchtower/August 1st/pg.478

Questions from Readers

One of Jehovah’s witnesses who claims to be of the anointed remnant recently went to the hospital and took a blood transfusion, voluntarily. Should she be allowed to partake of the emblems of bread and wine at Memorial
    time?—R. J., United States.

Click scan to zoom in.

Atlantis!
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

BourneIdentity, when I saw your subject line I was concerned that this might be a real situation you were facing.

i was greatly relieved to see it was just an intellectual theoretical exercise.

Peace out!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

BourneIdentity, your thoughts are a valid point of view.

However, most JW elders wouldn't even step aside from responsibilities so that their barely adult disfellowshipped child could remain at home. I have met a fantastic couple at Tahoe who told the congregation otherwise on that subject when their son was sick and DF'ed, but that is rare.

Your view could possibly be more common as time goes on, more and more people tired of waiting on Paradise.
    I hope so.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no reason to not take blood transfusions when needed. I agree that stupid blood transfusions (that is, where it is not really needed or when excessive blood is used) exposes one to needless risk (blood transfusion is serious medication) and wastes blood that could be put to better use. But, needed blood should be given.

And what about blood transfusions that are needed because of obeying the rules in the jokehovian religion? Eating a steady diet of poisonburgers is going to put one at risk of diseases. And, that drab dress suit one wears in field circus is not conducive to being seen in wet weather. Getting a big sunshine-colored umbrella or yellow rain suit instead of a drab one might prevent you from being hit by a car in the rain, the driver of which could not see you because of poor visibility. And not going to boasting sessions or field circus in bad driving conditions might save you from the accident.

No accident, no blood needed. And that's the best way to deal with it. Save the blood for when it is unavoidably needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit