Feeling very lonely

by BlackWolf 22 Replies latest jw friends

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

BlackWolf,

You appear to be one of the safest from this storm. You might be getting a little rain. I am a few hours south of you and if you would like any time to do lunch with a Grandmother just PM me it most definitely would be my pleasure. LOL, I was a much older parent and my kids tease me, my daughter is 25 and I am 65.

Your dad is probably blaming himself for you not having friends and now he feels it is all his fault. Never being a JW myself but reading a lot on this forum and other sites I have gathered being an Elder is not one of the easiest jobs. And the family has to keep up appearances for his sake. I sorta get this because of the organizations I belong to but we do not have all the crazy rules the JWS have. All the organizations I belong to love children. We just have some dress codes for some events!! LOL

• SpunkedTeen
    SpunkedTeen

I'm in a similar situation to you.Its not easy and i can't offer any advice but sometimes it helps to know that someone else is in the same situation as you to help alleviate some of the loneliness, Unfortuanetly that's all i can offer you.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Maybe go and talk to your doctor, because as a human being the stress of being in a cult and untangling the brainwashing and fears/pressures/consequences can be too much to handle. We are largely adults here with broad shoulders (.we have survived a cult after all) .....and we all know too well how hard this is.

Maybe go and talk to someone, you have no idea how unique you are. It's so rare to untangle and see a high control group for the reality of what it is and it's difficult to weigh up standing by reality and the consequences of it or living a lie.

You are incredibly smart and brave to have even get this far. You have us guys and you can talk to us if you need support, but maybe you need an unbiased professional at your side too.

have a think about it 😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit