"I don't want to hear any negative comments about the truth"

by days of future passed 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Ahh complicated truths. This "sister" and I go back to childhood. There are many things about her that would fill a book. But at this point, I wish she would never come again. As with most JW's, they are allowed to say whatever they want, but if you bring up a "truth", they immediately act as if they have all the authority to shut you up.

She also made up the excuse of showing me a website when in reality, she wanted to give me a tract. She wants to count time and "help" me. Nothing says the truth like having a hidden agenda.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    days of future passed - "...Nothing says the truth like having a hidden agenda."

Ironic, really...

...it ain't even all that hidden.

:smirk:

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

There is what is called "a unanimous unwillingness" by jw's to listen to or to say anything not favorable to the wtbts. It's like the pundits that have gathered around Donald tRump where truth and facts are not important!

just saying!

• zeb
    zeb

Your experience reminds me of a group I call the .."Whatabouts.."

No matter what you may bring to their attention they will ignore it and say..."What about.." and run off on some tangent ignoring the valid statement you have made.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

negativity and the "truth" go hand in hand, both traits are never away from them, rotten to the core, always will be

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my late father was a dub for 50+years.

i left the cult in my 20's...but he ( and mom) never shunned me. mom tried to get me interested in going back at one stage..but then gave up and left me alone. she died 20 years ago.

over the next few years, dad and i sometimes discussed specific cult subjects..and i do believe he wasnt at all convinced with some of it.

but the thought of being with mom again in the brave new world swayed the balance of belief and he stayed a dub. but his last 3 years in a care home saw visits from dub friends dwindle to nothing. i would have taken him to the memorial thing if he had asked..his grand daughter and her husband never went near him or offered to take him to meetings. i think towards his end he was a very embittered man. i was by then all he had left.

• Simon
    Simon

IMO the desire not to hear criticism of their religion boils down to two things:

* They know the criticism is damning and that they can't defend it
    * They want to "believe" anyway even though they know it's untrue

They are living the life they chose to live, regardless of the facts and reality. That's their choice. Lots of people live in bubbles of delusion over all kinds of things and don't want the inconvenience of evidence to ruin their cosy existence.

Personally, I think life is better when what you believe closely correlates with reality.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They want to "believe" anyway even though they know it's untrue ~ Simon

Yes, I think there are a lot of JWs like that. There is SO MUCH negative info out there about the flip flops and failed prophecies, etc. that it cannot be unnoticed by R&F JWs, but..........THEY DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH (ABOUT THE TRUTH)!

Image result for HEAD UP HIS ASS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit