"I don't want to hear any negative comments about the truth"

by days of future passed 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Today the "anointed" sister that drops off tracts at my house, did a little I'll just stop by and show her a website about Furniture and then Offer the Memorial Tract visit.

Her exhusband is a JW that did terrible things to her by taking property, didn't want to pay adequate child support and had the Elders on his side. She was telling me all about how, because he felt so guilty, now he had intestinal problems. Eventually the conversation ended and she offered the memorial tract to me.

"Did you get an invitation?" she asked.

Yes, I'm not going.

Oh didn't you go with J and D last year?

No, I went with them several years ago. I'm not going.

Oh ok.

I said that because of what happened with my brother in law - and I explained how a sister had asked about a brother to see if he was ok to date, a letter was sent to his congregation. Nothing in the letter said that this brother had molested anyone and the sister married him and her granddaughter was molested by him.

She just shook her head. I said the brothers knew, the society knew and my brother in law found that they don't tell anyone. At this point, she related how one brother in the past was found to have molested a child, left and went to San Francisco and then died of Aids. (like that was a punishment from God so nothing need more done with it)

I said I just want to warn you that there is going to be stuff coming out about it My brother in law found it was just the tip of an iceberg.

At this point, she smiled and shook her head. "I don't want to hear anything negative about the truth" She started down my steps.

I said just like the Catholics they...

Oh come on. No negative things! She said it like she was Mary Poppins singing Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down... with a smile and a wagging finger.

She left saying that she always thinks of my brother in law and my sister with sadness and prays to Jehovah to take care of things. (my brother in law, sister, their children and me left)

So after knowing about not only previous incidents, but also how rotten her ex husband is (and still gets some privileges) and even admitted to know about my brother in law and what happened - God will take care of everything and No Negative words should be said against the "truth"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "I don't want to hear anything negative about the truth"

The WBT$ isn't the 'truth' so is not above criticism.

Real truth, in the true sense of the term (pun intended), is beyond positive or negative. It is not something we can own or claim. It just 'is'.

That poor old bird had tripped at the first trap of loaded language. She equated the term 'truth' as being the WBT$.

Poor old bugger!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

She wants a comfortable delusion, a set or beliefs that make her happy true or not. Leave her to her fantasies.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Here's my take:

A lot of people are out of touch with reality. They lose themselves in workaholism, alcoholism, and other addictions. Cults are just another addiction that temporarily make a person feel better. It is best viewed as a human to inanimate object relationship. (Maladaptive) Idolatry.

The human eventually takes on the characteristics of the inanimate object (the organization) that they are trying to have a relationship with and become, like it, indifferent...even sociopathic. Only two or more real beings can have a relationship.

It has taken me a lifetime to realize that the people who raised me in this religion as well as my other relatives in it, are quite literally insane.

Recently, I read an article in Psychology Today on sociopaths. In it the author made the statement that the only truly safe position to take with a sociopath is to leave them alone.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I wish she would leave me alone. Maybe she will now.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

JW's: Suffering from "Head up ass syndrome" since 1878.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    ... and prays to Jehovah to take care of things. (my brother in law, sister, their children and me left)

Perhaps an appropriate reply could be: As JWs, we are always taught to pray to Jehovah for help. After my sister, BIL and I each prayed to Jehovah for TRUTH, Jehovah helped us to recognize he does not approve the WT organization and he helped each of us to leave the JW religion.

What can she say? Satan responded to your prayers?

• Vidiot
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

This old lady is what I like to describe as WTS 'lifers.'

These people have invested so much time and effort that even if the GB came out and told her they were actually con men she would still believe them.

Sadly, she'll die old, bitter, broke, and still waiting on Armageddon.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

Are there any truths that have zero negative points?

I think you should listen to her. She told you she doesn't want to hear anything negative about her truth. So, why keep pushing? Basically she told you that she wants to bury her head in the sand. If it were me, I would make her a deal. I wouldn't tell her anything negative about the truth and she would stop talking about it completely,. stop inviting me to join it. I like truths that are complex. I like knowing all the pros and cons and making up my own mind on something. Having made up my mind, I would ask her to respect my choice and I would respect hers in return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit