Bad Elder Stories

by shamus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

What was the worst elder that you ever had to deal with?

I will post my story in a second...

• Gopher
    Gopher

The one who knew me since childhood, got re-acquainted with me as an adult, and then listened to dubious stories about me and got it in his head that I had to be disfellowshipped!!

Actually he did me a favor in retrospect, but during the process, he was overbearing and difficult to deal with. I was called a "coward" and "evil" by this so-called shepherd of the flock.

In retrospect I should have never attended the judicial committee meetings. Nothing was accomplished in there that wasn't already decided ahead of time.

• shamus
    shamus

Okay - maybe you have heard this one.. maybe not....

I was planning on auxillary pioneering one month.... and got turned down... the P.O. found out about it, and gave the elder body ROYAL S*$#!!!! Here is how it happened!

You see, I had just moved from a different cong., and had my time written down... only, I did not know which months they had, and asked the service overseer which months were missing? His reply was "he'd get right back to me". Well, this went on for 3 months, me badgering him, and he was not doing anything... so, I just didn't care.... I got a long-awaited chance to auxillary pioneer, and put in my app. Well, again, did not hear anything from him... no "announcement" (God, how stupid, how we needed that announcement). After telling everyone that I was auxillary pioneering, I finally ask the bro, and says, "oh yeah, I was meaning to talk to you about that... you are not regular and therefore cannot pioneer...". Idiot. I then reminded him of our conversations over the last few months... "Oh right! I'll go talk to the other elders.." Next meeting - "Oh, sorry bro.... you can't aux. pioneer b/c you went against jehovah's arrangement by not properly recording your time..."

What an ass.

Well, the good ol' Circuit Overseer was in town, and I got assigned to work in service with him.... he's encouraging me to aux. pioneer, yada yada, yada, then I tell him the story.....

THAT NIGHT they have an elders meeting before the book study, and make a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT that I was auxillary pioneering... LOL! THEN, this idiot fat goofball elder comes up to me after the meeting PISSED OFF AT ME.. SQUEEZES MY ARM HARD, and HISSES AT ME.. YOU REALLY NEED TO PUT YOUR TIME IN PROPERLY..., to which I ripped my arm away from him, in the most unfriendly manner, and said, "WELL, I TRIED BRO. ******* BUT YOU GUYS WOULDN'T LISTEN". The last time that I ever talked to him - he ignored me!

They were SOOO PISSED AT ME!!!! I loved it!!!!

Any other stories?

• shamus
    shamus

Forgot to mention...

This was a Friday Night Bookstudy, where the C.O. had the study and special talk w/ the whole cong... so everyone knew that something was up!!! LOL!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I remember one elder who studied with me for the longest time. After I had quit going to meetings, he called on me and reminded me of all the good times we had on Field Slavery Service. He also told me that he loved me. Ugh.

A few years later, I attended a funeral of one of the JWs that actually used to talk to me at the meetings. I ran into this elder. He told me "You're friends are all here. If you're not here, you have no friends". The only friend I had at the KH quit going to meetings. I've reunited with him :)

This elder was one of the cheapest brothers bastards I've ever met. He'd pay me $12 to cut his grass. Took 2 hours with a regular lawnmower. His worldly neighbor paid me $25.

When I moved out of my parents' place, I took the stereo speakers he gave me. Apparently he told my parents that those speakers weren't free.

• glitter
    glitter

1. There was an elder in my old cong who severely beat and tortured his pregnant wife all the time. Eventually she had the courage to leave him and was spirited away late in the evening by two other elders to our house in the country - far away and due to the circumstances that led to us moving there, not many people knew the address. My mum was her friend, knew the situation, had got away from my abusive dad herself, and we had plenty of room, so the elders knew the best place for her to be at that time was with us.

Unfortunately, the husband got to one of the people that did know it before us or the elders could warn her not to tell him (we had no phone then) and he turned up at about midnight and basically forced his way into the house and dragged his wife (who is all of about 4ft 11ins tall) and his young daughter (5 or so at the time and was asleep in her PJs in my little sister's room) out to his car.

The next Sunday, my mum was shunned at the hall because of "interfering" in this fine man's marriage - you see he was related by blood or marriage to most of the most prominent JWs in the city if not the *county* and they evidently thought how he was treating his wife was fine, after all, they had never stepped in to help her. The shunning went on for all the time my mum regularly attended.

And apart from some people leaving when he did a talk, nothing was done about him and he is still married and is still an elder. And his poor daughter is now a baptised JW.

2. This was just last week: A man who had to change congs because of vicious untrue rumors about his wife and a collegue couldn't make his own meeting because of work commitments and instead went to another. An elder from his old hall (who is a stupid childish d*ckhead b*stard at the best of times) was visiting and conducting the study and when the man raised his hand to comment (a very difficult thing for him to do at the best of times because of confidence and depression problems) the prat of an elder (who knew him) said "Oh who is this stranger? Shall we let him answer? What do you think?" and things like that to thoroughly show him up infront of the whole room just because he wasn't attending the "correct" hall! Just a stupid and spiteful way of acting.

Of course there are loads and loads more. Some/most elders are such idiots, yet at the time and even sometimes now they feel so important and powerful, more "in-charge" of you than teachers or the police!

• Mary
    Mary

My younger sister died 10 years ago at the age of 21. My brother, (who had never been baptized, but stopped going when he was 18), obviously was there. Many from the Hall spoke their condolences to him as my brother and sister had been very close and he was utterly devastated when she died.

The night we buried my sister, we got a call from one of the elders telling us that my brother should not have been speaking to anyone there, as he was considered "disassociated". We all looked at each other in total shock and I will never forget the look of hurt on my brother's face that night.

After a couple of minutes, when reality sank in, we were absolutely furious and I phoned the elder back and told him off, but good. At the next meeting, I went right up to him and said "I want to talk to you - NOW." The look on his face was a mixture of arrogance and terror as he followed me in to the back room. While I can't remember the entire conversation, I told him that he was the lowest form of scum I had ever encountered, and where the hell did he get off saying something as stupid and hurtful to a family who had just buried a child!! Would Jesus ever say anything like that to the flock?? I went on and on telling him I thought he was a pig and that come Judgement Day, he had A LOT to answer for. Had we been anywhere but the Hall, I probably would have smashed him right in his arrogant face (after all, I was only a woman).

I could tell he was angry that I would DARE question HIM on anything, but he was smart enough to realize I was about to snap so he didn't say anything more. I've never spoken to him again.

What an asshole of the first order.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Isn't it so funny now to think of how "important" these rules were to us and the elders - submitting time properly, attending the correct meeting, yadda yadda yadda - just all subtle ways to control people.

• Francois
    Francois

Some of you knew this guy, an elder in a suburban KH outside Atlanta. His name was C.B. Mitchell. And since you're only supposed to speak good of the dead, let me just say that C.B. is dead. Good.

There are so many stories to tell about this arrogant, unloving, dipshit "glorious one" that I wouldn't know where to start, nor where to end. But I'm happy to relate that I told one of the other elders that I had a belly full of that low-life bastard and he would be doing C.B. a favor if he would tell C.B. that if he saw me walking toward him on the sidewalk, that he'd better get his ass to the other side of the street because if he ever got close enough to me so that I could reach him, I was going bust his ass into a hundred pieces, and then things were going to go downhill from there. The elder I spoke with apparently told C.B. what I had said as he avoided me like the plague for the rest of his miserable life.

The high point in my entire ministry as a JW was getting C.B. removed as an elder. In fact, it's the only thing I ever did as a JW that I AM proud of. Worthless scum sucking, mote loving, Jehovah's Witness elder pig dog.

francois

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    THEN, this idiot fat goofball elder comes up to me after the meeting PISSED OFF AT ME.. SQUEEZES MY ARM HARD, and HISSES AT ME.. YOU REALLY NEED TO PUT YOUR TIME IN PROPERLY..., to which I ripped my arm away from him, in the most unfriendly manner, and said, "WELL, I TRIED BRO. ******* BUT YOU GUYS WOULDN'T LISTEN". The last time that I ever talked to him - he ignored me!

That is physical assault. I would have pressed charges and taken delight in seeing him explain himself to the police and perhaps have that placed on his record and spend a night or more in jail.

Assholes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit