What Do You Think Of Fining People For Not Wearing A Mask?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Fedup - A homemade mask will help reduce the risk of passing on the virus to others but it will do nothing to prevent the wearer from becoming infected.

• LV101
    LV101

cofty - sorry, Min - not hijacking your thread - COFTY - if you named one book to prove evolution/science over religious crazy what would it be - I have your book list and probably most of the books - I need to send to someone on FaceBook - a doctor. I almost mentioned Coyne's book but thought you might have a better idea.

Thx. If I don't hear back I'll try to PM you.

One or 2 books.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi LV101 - I would agree Coyne's 'Why Evolution is True' is the most straightforward and concise treatment of the debate.

The Blind Watchmaker gets to the heart of the design objection. Both these together will still leave a lot of questions unanswered but it is a good start. Let me know how it goes.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Cofty is right, a mask is really limited in how it can protect you, it actually takes training, practice and dedication to make it work properly. These medical professionals take the quarantine and protection to a different level that most ordinary folk can never attain to, certainly not by just wearing a mask. When working with highly infectious disease outbreaks there is more education needed even for the experienced doctors in these regards.

It would seem silly that any person could be afforded the same protection as a trained medical professional by just wearing a mask, that protection comes with a host of other stringent conditions and procedures

• LV101
    LV101

Hi Cofty - Perfect -- thx so much. I'd prefer to have you 'eDyouKate' her but that would be out of line/asking a lot so wish me luck. She claims to have been researching science, etc. Thx so much.

• Simon
    Simon
    A homemade mask will help reduce the risk of passing on the virus to others but it will do nothing to prevent the wearer from becoming infected.

I'm not sure that is accurate - from what I've read, a well-made mask may not be as good as a proper N95/N99 one but could be equivalent to N70-N80 so certainly offer some protection.

It's all about percentages - if you can lower the risk, you might win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit