Those who DO NOT get a resurrection?

by stuckinarut2 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sinboi
    sinboi

Resurrected and live forever with those self righteous wt people? No, I prefer to be with you guys in gehenna.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    with those self righteous wt people?

Life is too sweet. They will have to put up living with me; otherwise God will fix their wagon.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Not Kevin. Never Kevin.....

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The Bible doesn't teach that anyone will be denied the resurrection. "For in Adam, all die; even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive." It doesn't say that all except the unrighteous or "the judged" shall be made alive. At the end of the thousand-year reign comes the resurrection of the unjust; and that means that both the just and unjust will be resurrected in the course of things.

The JWs get in trouble when they attempt to use logic in interpreting scripture. If Jehovah has already judged the people, they reason, why would he need to judge them again?

If Jehovah is the Father, as they surmise, one reason is that he won't be judging anyone. For "the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son." (John 5:22)

Acts 24:15 Paul says, "There shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked."

John 5:28-29 says, "For an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs shall hear His voice, and shall come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment."

The Bible, they say, is their standard and, if so, they should know what it says; however, they frequently resort to using their own logic to deny what the scriptures say. If they want to believe their own stuff, fine by me, but they shouldn't turn around and claim to base their beliefs on the Bible. If they're right about them being the only true and operational earthly organization of Jehovah, fine, I'd prefer not to be resurrected but to just never regain consciousness. The same thing's true if cows turn out to be running the universe; however, they seem to have their doctrinal wires crossed on the resurrection.

• flipper
    flipper

" Those who DO NOT get a resurrection ? "

Then they probably won't get a resurrection. But then again - nobody does- resurrections most probably don't exist. The resurrection " theory " is embedded into religions because most religious people cannot cope with, handle or face their own mortality. Death is a bitch and a reality - just look at every listing of humans that have lived on Ancestry.com - they all have a date of death- not a resurrection. The resurrection is a " plastic life preserver " that deflates once somebody dies- never to be seen again.

The " resurrection " teaching in my opinion is every much a fantasy as " Armageddon " , " everlasting life " , " 144,000 ", " last days of the system of things " , and on and on and on. I much prefer living in the here and now because folks- the here and now may be the only show in town that we get to play a part in ! LOL

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Killer Jah destroyed 70,000 people because David took a census. Please add them to the list. (Sorry I don't have those poor fellas Full names)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

can I just check with everybody. According to Watchtower doctrine, did they ever say the RESERRECTED as opposed to Armageddon survivors, would NOT be subject to the second death as they had been raised incorruptible having paid for their sin?

There's some boy on you tube insists this is the case. I was taught that only the 144 000 were never to be subject to the second death, or a further test. I mean though what he says makes sense, according to Biblical ideas, but since when has WT made sense LoL!!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The WT taught that the resurrected ones would not suffer again the Adamic death of original sin passed on from Adams disobedience ",the wages of sin is death" Rom.6:23 and once you have died you are free from the sin of Adam

So if one is resurrected he/she would never die again because of Adams sin since he/she has been freed from it.

Humans mistakenly believe that this makes them immortal ,that they can never die again and nothing is further from the truth.

{ Although it does make for good horror movies ]

Resurrected humans may very well be free of the inherited death through sin caused by Adam which all of his offspring were subjected to ,however resurrected ones were now living by the grace of God and he holds the right to whether such ones live or die.

just as he does with Angels ,Angels are not immortal ,and are certainly not under the Adamic death sentence.

They live by the grace of God and if and when he chooses their life can be snuffed out.

Their are a few accounts where faithful servants were resurrected and therefore were freed from Adams sin , yet they later died ! why ?

Not because of the sin of Adam , but because it was not in Gods plan before all things came to pass in scripture.

In other words not in his due time .Their is nothing to say he cant resurrect them again if he so chooses.

After all he is the Almighty God isnt he ? nothing is impossible.

If you believe the Jehovahs Witnesses and the Bible.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

I've never gotten a clear answer on what part of the Bible is supposed to back up their claim that Adam and Eve won't be resurrected. Something about them being perfect already and therefore their sins were automatically unforgivable, which doesn't make a lick of sense because:

1. Nowhere in the Bible does it specifically say that Adam and Eve won't come back. There is only a vague, roundabout suggestion based on an interpretation of another scripture entirely, and we all know how JWs like to cherry pick vague scripture to apply to something seemingly unrelated, or do the opposite and insist that a scripture MUST be very specific or else it cannot be applied,

and

2. How on earth can a perfect person be capable of sin in the first place? Committing a sin, even intentionally, seems like the polar opposite of perfection. In what exact way were Adam and Eve "perfect"? Because it certainly wasn't in the judgment department, that's for sure.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

The WTBorg Cult Inc. doctrine regarding resurrection is designed to instill fear in order to deepen the mind control of those under its spell. By claiming to be the effective "Voice of God" their deceit is all the more credible in the twisted minds of the GB. Satan and his minions are very, very clever...

"The Troof" preaches anything but the Real Truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit