2520-607 = 1913

by schnell 43 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

As ATJeff said, "Don't look for logic where it never existed". It's a hamster wheel of a pointless exercise, to try to make sense of WT doctrines.

If JWs ever had an 'escape room' team building exercise, and were to use clues throughout the room to explain the 2520 years in order to unlock the door, they'd still be locked up a year from now...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

607 -2520 plus 1 equals 1914

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There isn't any doubt or mystery of what the late 19th century bible Adventists/theologians were up to and that is subjective code breaking of the bible Scripture to reveal Christ's grand return, the incoming end times and establishment of his new earthly kingdom..

Why it was so grand of an acclamation that they sought to put their findings to print and publicly postulate their findings in public talks, C T Russell used Masonic Halls as he traveled about.

There was actually a competition to who was more accurate of this special notable time of occurrence during that era, C T Russell was just one that was involved in this assertive competition.

• schnell
    schnell
    607 -2520 plus 1 equals 1914

Why are you adding 1? The zero year is subtracted, not added.

Here, consider this:

o o o | o o

Here I have six total points in space, represented as o and the origin as |

So the point on the far left is -3, and the far right is +2. What is the distance between -3 and +2? It's 5 from one to the other, and 4 in between, including the origin. (This is told by -3 + 5 = 2. Note that I am not adding 1 and the origin is included.)

However, in our case, there is no zero year, so there is no origin... So you subtract 1.

Why are we adding 1 instead?

• Ding
    Ding

I'm amazed by all the self-proclaimed chronologists (Russell is just one) who have come up with their charts and calculations only to forget something as elementary as the fact that there was no year 0.

Then they either quietly change their dates by 1 year or they jimmy other numbers around so as to avoid changing their chronology at all.

The WT went even further. When they switched from an 1874 invisible parousia to an invisible 1914 parousia, the measurement of the passageway in the Great Pyramid of Gizeh somehow lengthened by 40 inches from one edition of the book (I think it was The Time is at Hand) to another in order to accommodate the date change.

No one ever explained why a measurement in INCHES was relevant to prophecy given that neither the ancient Egyptians nor the ancient Hebrews ever heard of that unit of measure.

• schnell
    schnell

@Ding, they probably noticed it because 1 inch is 1/12th of a foot, which is about 1/3rd of a "cubit".

From there, you get into all the astrological measurements and yada yada yada.

It makes their doctrine duplicitous in its support of pagan beliefs.

Remember, too, you're talking about some guys who either were involved or had interest in Freemasonry.

• schnell
    schnell

CORRECTION: Apologies, but 1 cubit is about 18 inches, not 3 feet which would be 1 yard or about 2 cubits.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Seems to me that since the year 0 does not exist in the timing, you must add an additional year on to the total at the end of your calculation. That would bring us to 1914.

• baker
    baker

I also came across in The Old Theology a date of 1915 highlighted in one of the articles, so give or take a year, doesn't really matter if you are mind numbed.

• schnell
    schnell
    Seems to me that since the year 0 does not exist in the timing, you must add an additional year on to the total at the end of your calculation. That would bring us to 1914.

You lost a year, you didn't gain one.

As I said,

-3 + 5 = 2 (including origin)

-607 + 2520 = 1913 (including zero year)

Subtract the zero year/origin, and it's one less not more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit