Why do I have to move 3000 miles away to get away from this religion?

by DIAMOND 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Lord Zagato
    Lord Zagato

Just noticed something: if your wife doesn't like the fact that you're leaving JW, and her family's inactive and she wants to "save" them, doesn't that mean she wants them to become active again? So when I read the whole post, I can't help but think that instead of moving away from it all, you might only be moving closer to it.It might be wiser, IMO, to be far from both you and your wife's families then, where you can both start anew. Being close to her family, as one poster here noted, would only be making things worse.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

When my family and I decided it was enough with the cult, we moved 45 minutes away from the KH. It helped because no one knew where we'd moved and we were able to begin a new life. Good luck to you! Keep us posted.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Diamond, do you think you will be better off with her inactive family? you just might be...I was a JW in every region of this country---and California was definitely the easiest to be inactive in....maybe they can help you get her out?

I moved FROM Calif to Boston when I left...but that was because it was the only offer I had and both places were away from my family--which is how I needed it to be.

Ravyn

• DIM
    DIM

I moved from PA to WA for alot of reasons, but also to stop going to meetings...never been happier. Love the west coast compared to the east coast.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Can you believe it? Moving to CALIFORNIA to get away from a funny relgion? reminds me of the map with Australia on top!

caveman

• Prisca
    Prisca

I moved to make a new start - 1,000kms away!!! So far so good. At least I don't have to worry about bumping into JWs when I'm at the shops, or to have them turning up at my door unannounced.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

But now you have the weather!!!!

Sure shows what a price the borg exacts from the R&F, eh?

Actually it's been teeming down for days here, so at the mo this is bleak city, anywhere in good old Noo Sowf Wales!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit