Last Thursday's Meeting in Elmira, On

by newsheep 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LV101
    LV101

I think the poor sheep will allow themselves to be fleeced all the way - the elderly will check out (death) but the ole hard-liner genre behind them will hang tight. Take some serious therapy for reality to penetrate layers of fantasies. It's very sad.

• tiki
    tiki

It's odd though in a way....the less property the corporation owns, the less the aggregate asset value...and if liabilities are not decreasing simultaneously the cash, liquidity from the selloffs can't be sufficient to offset bottom line in the long run. While i believe their accounting standards are far from ethical or transparent, this selling and downsizing seems to be a gradual liquidation of the entity...funneling the $$$ who knows where and who really knows who is benefiting from it all. I wouldn't trust them one iota. Methinks suspicious activity afoot.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Yes, what I'm seeing is that most JWs have their head in the sand. There are many questions about finances right now, but they are just whispers. Most are still towing the line and cooperating.

I too suspect that the powers that be (the GB and/or their business managers) are moving significant amounts of money to safe havens. The publishers don't have any idea what is really happening to their money but they don't even seem to know how to ask. This is the stuff the modern JW organization is built on.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When folks start selling off the family silver just to stay afloat, eventually the silver can’t help but run out.

@ Spiral...

They have accounts in the Caymans.

• Bud Stars
    Bud Stars

I've wondered too where the funds are going. Offshore? In whose name?

• Spiral
    Spiral

@Vidiot, that is no surprise. It just makes sense. And while we know they have a big construction project going on in Argentina, I wonder what else they might be building or purchasing, under a different name.

• LV101
    LV101

Argentina -- is that where their growth bubble is and the Argentinians have some chunk change - makes sense.

The lock-steppers need to learn to question where's the beef - they'd never get the truth and talk about scared, conditioned, rats. I don't want a totalitarian system as they're already in one but wish the gov't could protect the people -- unfortunately, it's N Korea only comprising many more countries.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

no--you got it all wrong guys---the money is being used to build lots of new kingdom halls where there is a big expansion taking place. its easy to see--just pick the country with the biggest growth rate and count all the new halls that have been built. it takes money you know.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Stan the Man LiveDeath, haha!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS seems to be gathering up money into its saving and bank accounts and one way of doing that is promoting the selling off of many of its held titled properties including Kingdom Halls.

........are they worried that the JWS scam is running out time and sustainability ?

Putting the money at their grasp and usability makes sense from a business perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit