Removing Historic Monuments and Statues - Does the Term "Historical" Make it Right or Wrong?

by RubaDub 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Imagine being so miserable and deluded that thinking a statue being removed is going make any difference.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

What about Egypt? It’s full of ancient monuments built with slavery. Shall we tear down the pyramids?

2+2=5 ...

Unless they put in air conditioning, better lighting and make the walkways taller, they can do whatever they want to do with them. If you're taller than a 10 year old kid, you will come out with parts of your head bleeding.

I forget which one we were in, but it was the most wasted $30 ($15 x 2) of my life.

On the other hand, if you are in one of the little hotels there in Giza with a good view of the pyramids from the rooftops, the light show every night is pretty cool while having a beer or three.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Political correctness is going to have this whole planet made into a boring place. Everything is going to be gone, save for the reptilians that are moving in on us. Everything offends someone. And what about my being offended by the bible? Especially that the bible is used as guidance, and is taken for law. Or by Noahide Law? Do I get an exemption from mandatory church or mandatory obedience to that stupid set of laws because I am offended by communism?

There is only one good reason to remove a monument, and it is not because someone is offended. If it is worn down so it is in bad condition, by all means remove it--especially if it is beyond repair or the land it is on is no longer in good condition to support it. Otherwise, let them stand. Even those highly offensive ones--they are either a lesson on what not to do, or stand for a failed effort at bettering mankind. Either way, they should be allowed to stand. If they offend someone, the offended need not visit them or support them.

Or, is it that people are offended because others have access to their past and their destiny and these offended people want people to be forever lost?

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

If people are okay with American mobs tearing down statues they don't like, I would assume they are okay with the Taliban blowing up statues the Taliban didn't like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrL5a1xI46o

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I think ALL statues should be torn down, blown up or whatever.

If we get rid of ALL statues then no one can be "triggered", and birds will quit crapping in public places.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The french army used a clay horse sculpted by Leonardo da Vinci as target practice. A 25 ft statue built around 1499. For sure the biggest statue in its time...

The allies bombed in WWII many centuries-old buildings, churches, cities...

I always wondered why would they destroy something that belongs to all of us... human beings.

It seems we have not changed much.

Many can't seem to see 1 day ahead of them... how could they think 100, 200 years from now?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Isn't there some sort of satisfaction seeing bird shit on the heads of confederate heroes? It's karma baby!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WASANELDER:

The confederate statues belong in a museum. They are part of a bygone era and are hurtful to some people.

But, I’m sure many people will get the same ‘satisfaction’ as you say when the birds shit on whatever politically-correct monstrosity that will be erected in the place of the old statues!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Of course it is ridiculous to simply see famous Confederate people as simply slave owners. I hope the US government will soon man up to deal with these thugs with a firm hand.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You're right JoenB75, they are not simply slave owners, they're traitors as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit