• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

“Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" - Sun Tzu

• Pancho
    Pancho

"Stay alive till '75" - Charles Sunutko 1967 quoting a brother

• Englishman
    Englishman

Churchill has to be one of the best quotation mongers of all time!

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), on the eve of his 75th birthday

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
    - More quotations on: [History]

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965), My Early Life, 1930

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
    - More quotations on: [Truth]

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    - More quotations on: [Pets]

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

It is fun to be in the same decade with you.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945), in a letter to Winston Churchill

Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
    Englishman.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." ---Alan Kay

"I always like to take the drivers seat, that way I'm never taken for a ride." ---Annonymous

"Opportunity only dances with those on the dance floor." ---Annonymous

"Party till ya can, rock till ya drop." ---Sam Kinison

"Support wildlife; throw a party." ---Annonymous

• unique1
    unique1

"there is nothing more gratifying than pointing out the shortcomings of others" Randall in Kevin Smith's Clerks

"Beer is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Don't remember.

• Gordy
    Gordy

It is not a form of religious persecution for anyone to say and to show that another religion is false. It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.

WT Nov 15, 1963

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is a GREAT one, Gordy.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

"Indecision IS a decision, and inevitably a bad one."

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" --Jesus Christ

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating—‘wishy-washy’—about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?" --The Watchtower, May 15, 1976 Issue, Page 298

"Hypocrisy... will ultimately prove death-dealing to those who practice it. In the end, hypocrisy will be openly exposed. "There is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered," said Jesus Christ, "and secret that will not become known." (Matthew 10:26; Luke 12:2) Wise King Solomon declared: "The true God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."—Ecclesiastes 12:14." --The Watchtower, November 15, 2001 Issue, Page 23

"There are church members who have the Bible and even study it, but the way they live their lives shows that they are not following it. Of persons like that, the Bible says: "They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works." (Titus 1:16; 2 Timothy 3:5) If church members who gamble, get drunk or do other wrongs are permitted to remain in good standing within their church, what does this show? It is evidence that their religious organization is not approved by God.—1 Corinthians 5:11-13." --Live Forever in Paradise on Earth Book (1989), Pages 187-188

• integ
    integ

"ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, THE KING AND HIS KINGDOM."

i don't know who said it, or why, but it's always been one of my favorites.

-Integ, of the ....."Whoops ...I just crapped my pants class"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit