Going to Ireland for three weeks, any thing to avoid?

by FreeFallin 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard

Avoid the pubs filled with good hearted people

they emit diabolical music that posseses listeners and provokes them to tap on the tables an even...DANCE!

Ugly. Very ugly.

• rem
    rem

Hey FunkyDerek,

Do you guys drink Guinness over there? Or is that just the crappy stuff you guys export to the states?

rem, Guinness drinker

• hippikon
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Funky,

3. Limerick is not that bad, (compared to New York, say) but it is a city, so use common sense.

lol....Yes, avoid any areas with caravans with notches on the door entrance and avert your gaze from anybody who cries out, 'Ay, Missus, d'ya wanna buoy a taable. If not me taable, ow abowt me daag'. Just teasing Funky....

Ireland has some of *the* best resteraunts that I have ever eaten in *anywhere*. I will mail you my favorites off-line.

Best - HS

PS - There is a very nifty French Resteraunt in Limerick's back streets whose name I have forgotten. I know that you do not want to travel to Ireland to eat French, but it is really rather special! Forgotten its name, Funky may know.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh yes.. if you meet up with a bearded folk singer who goes by the name of Noel Murphy, don't take him home with you for a nightcap, as they can last for several days.

Englishman.

• Deleted
    Deleted

If you meet a sheep named Jennifer, she's a rotten stinking liar, I never touched her!

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

REM - Very popular drink - esp mixed with some blackcurrant cordial !

• be wise
    be wise

You could watch some Irish founded sports if weather permits, you'll laugh your freakin head off! Although, you'd have to be a hard case nutter to want to actually play them. There a tough bunch and are lovely genuine people.

• frogit
    frogit

Go to Limerick and love it, great bars and realy nice people it's the dogs bollocks

frogit

been there, seen it, got the tee shirt

• rem
    rem

Matt,

Cool. Reason I ask is because we also get Fosters imported from Australia. My ozzie friends tell me that they never touch the stuff back home.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit