How they could change blood doctrine

by Person 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Person
    Person

Many people say GB will soon dump blood doctrine to appear less fanatical. Others saying it is impossible for them to do that because of legal ramifications. I think there is a way that could potentially be solution to those problems. Instead of dumping that whole doctrine, they could say that whole blood transfusions are still forbidden but actually Bible gives no basis to distinguish between 4 main components (fractions if you will) from other smaller fractions and so taking transfusion not containing whole blood would be matter of conscience. In many cases transfusion of one main blood component is sufficient to save life so this new blood doctrine would be much less harmful but at the same time they would avoid admitting that they were completely wrong on this and that would create a loophole in some potential court cases. What do you think, does it make any sense?

• JeffT
    JeffT

What do you think, does it make any sense?

No.

My father, never a member of any church, much less JW's; was a Hematologist. He told me once that medical science does not recognize major vs minor blood components, end of story.

The watchtower has painted itself into a corner leaving no exit strategy whatsoever, anything they say to try and extract themselves from this mess will just add another layer of bullshit to the pile.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Like beards, the GB will change their mind when they want a beard, I mean blood transfusion.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Make things as they go along with their fingers crossed behind their backs

• under the radar
    under the radar

All they have to say is that it is now a "conscience matter," acknowledging that some Christians may feel that a total ban on accepting transfusions is required, but that others may feel that the scriptures cited only applied to feeding off unbled animals and doesn't apply under the New Covenant anyway. Different interpretations of what a Christian may or may not be allowed to do were specifically noted and allowed by the Apostle Paul. See Romans 4:5-12.

Note that this same argument could be applied to birthdays, anniversary celebrations, etc, etc. This would be an excellent way for the WT to get rid of some of their most ridiculous rules and regulations. Beards and pants are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    See Romans 14:5-12.
    Note that this same argument could be applied to birthdays, anniversary celebrations, etc, etc. This would be an excellent way for the WT to get rid of some of their most ridiculous rules and regulations. Beards and pants are just the tip of the iceberg.

Reading the bible is ALWAYS the answer for dealing with fake Christianity that tries to enslave people like the Pharisees did.

"Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God".

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

The first could be logical.

If you read 2006 WT and KM on blood and fraction , you can see that all plasma fraction are authorized

but the plasma is forbidden.

It seem logic ( to me ) to tell that 100 % of Plasma is the same as the plasma not fractionned.

beside plasma , we have all research and medical publication that expose that "all components" of foetus blood

goes to mother's blood , in fact even in case of natural abortion foetus modify the composition of mother's blood !!!

Sorry for non french speaker

https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/podcasts/in-utero

the 3rd seasons speak about "chimera Cells" and "micro-chimerism" ( I don't know if it exists the word in english )

Considering these new biological result , the GB can say "after praying and studying intensively the Scripture we conclude that blood rules in the bible are linked with food rules" and then speaking ( maybe ) about biological results, To avoid the responsability of the errors about blood " we don't know before the result that blood goes from mother to foetus and foetus to mother" even if they know since the explanation about "albumin" ... JW have no memory ....

Best regards

PS : Hope I'm clear with my poor english :)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Their only recourse is to make it a conscience matter. They may not like that, because it will look like they are trying to weasel out of dealing with the issue directly. Since that is exactly what they would be doing, I say too bad. Be thankful that you're not being called to account for all of the death and suffering this stupid policy caused.

Do that enough times, and hopefully more and more JWs will recognize that there is one conscience matter they could exercise to resolve many more of these issues: walking away from the WTS.

• Halcon
    Halcon
    Tonus -Their only recourse is to make it a conscience matter. They may not like that, because it will look like they are trying to weasel out of dealing with the issue directly.

Indeed. Combine this with focusing on the lifesaving aspects of blood transfusions and it's a possibility.

The new rule of being able to speak friendly with expelled people at the KH in my opinion was an even bigger deal, mentally, than the beards and pants thing as there was "technically" scriptures supporting the idea of completely shunning an expelled person, whereas there was nothing on the former.

These little mental blocks could very well be setting up the much bigger ones.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If the blood policy was a sandwich.

You may eat bacon

You may eat lettuce

Tomatoes are ok

But a BLT is absolutely forbidden!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit