How they could change blood doctrine

by Person 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I remember discussing the blood doctrine with some uninformed JWs. They were under the impression that the blood doctrine had been established as soon as transfusion was invented. I said: not so, the blood doctrine was established in 1945 , blood transfusions had been pioneered in the late 19th century and the blood types had been discovered in the early 20th century. So neither Russell nor Rutherford championed it; it was historically recent.

The question is, if it is patently unbiblical to have a blood transfusion, why did it take them so long to figure it out?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They simply need to:

(1) disband the HLC so they are not "guilty" of pressuring anyone to refuse treatment;

(2) relay to BOEs verbally via COs that due to Satan early hordes using the BT to attempt to destroy the Org, BT will NOT result in DF anytime a person "repents" (this is more or less the unwritten rule currently);

(3) gradually move it to a contentious decision that everyone must deal with personally between himself & Jehovah. When a question regarding a BT arises, it can be dealt with on an individual basis through the Service Dept (who will decide all cases should be ignored).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup, that’d pretty much work.

God, the degree of gymnastic pretzel-twisting they’ll go through just to avoid saying “we were wrong” is mind-blowing.

I mean, I get why they do it, but jeezus.

😳

• carla
    carla

How would you even know if a gb had a blood transfusion? they are all in the US where such things are protected by HIPPA laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit