My son melted my heart..........my mother's day............

by Jesika 22 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Jesika:

That is so cool treasure those memories. He sounds like a neat kid.

One of my favorite things Anthony did was save money he earned for quite awhile and when my step-mom and Dad came to visit us in Boston, he treated them to dinner at T-Bones his favorite resteraunt he orchastrated the entire thing and the waiter goofed at the end and came to us with the bill. Anthony looks us (he was 5) and says I'm PAYING he had a little blue plastic box that he had all the money in (I still have it) he also tipped hugely LOL

So cherish these times. they are so great

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I can see Jes dancing and swooning over Mother's Day! She's gotta be on Cloud Nine!

Yizuman

• azaria
    azaria

Hi SheilaM

One of the things I'll always treasure is when my son, took his sister and I out for pizza (the best pizza place in this city). He was about 12. He had a paper route at the time. I was sitting in the middle of them on a bar stool at the counter. My son got up and went around to his sister to ask her if everything was okay; if she wanted anything else. (I'm getting teary-eyed) For a moment I thought, should I pay for this. But I couldn't take this away from him. He wanted to do something special for us. I will treasure this forever.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Jesika that was so sweet what your son did for you,,,,,I am sure you will treasure that ring and the memory forever.

My kids all did cards for me and my son planted a plant for me in shop class. Denny got me my first mother's day card and they all signed that one too.

Just goes to show you how wrong the WT is about saying that such holidays are wrong. As mothers we dont want worship, we just want to know that we are doing our best for our kids and that they feel loved.

I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness yesterday for the blessings of my children and husband.

( lol, although at times the kids can really get on my nerves,,,,,,,, it is all worth the time and effort, isnt it?)

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Lyin: I do understand the getting on your nerves thing. But both Mel and Anthony wrote what a good Mom I've beenThat meant so much to me. Mel said in her card, she was so glad we could be friends now, I wound't be a 'friend" to a child I was raising I always told her when she was cooked we could beShe also thanked me for having her and said even though she doesn't always show it she does love me. I CRIED

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thank you all for your comments. After I opened my present, I went into the closet and pulled out a bag I have full of momento's having to do with my son.

So, we sat on the bed and went through the bag, and I included the little ring box that my ring was in. My son was suprised at some of the things I had held onto, but I could tell it meant alot to him just from the look on his face. Oh the memories we have together!

I may have to rent a small storage to hold all of the stuff by the time he is 18 LOL.

Thanx for sharing you all's mother's day with me too.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

My husband gave me a Mother's Day card signed by my three cats and my dog with paw prints in ink(I was wondering why the cats were all walking around and shaking their front feet and looking all pissy...)

Ravyn

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

Hi Jes - long time no see!

Awwwwwwww isn't that sweet?

Figgie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    My husband gave me a Mother's Day card signed by my three cats and my dog with paw prints in ink(I was wondering why the cats were all walking around and shaking their front feet and looking all pissy...)

Ravyn

Are you sure they weren't frisky?? *DUCKS!* Yizuman

• Jesika
    Jesika

Rayven.....well that was creative I would have to say.

Figure..........I have to go to work at around the time we used to chat all the time. That is why you haven't seen me in a while!! I miss you too hon.

LOL @ Yiz, you just looking for a fight huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit