Since God is Love…

by blubberyk9 50 Replies latest members private

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I often wondered when I was JOBO if the thought that " God is love" from the writer of the Bible book was actually expressing a deeper theological/philosophical idea that when Love was demonstrated by humans, then they had become god, that the only way to "find" god was to demonstrate and practice love.

• waton
    waton

Love is a family affair. There is love in a lion mother bringing a wilder beast calf to it's cubs. (and fighting off the hyenas)

Do not personalize and try to have a monopoly arrangement with a posiible creator.

enjoy the ride, minimize harm.

If you have a personal religious experience, treasure it, and keep it to yourself.

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Vanderhoven: I suspect I was considered a heretic early on. The Bible is not an authority for me. I disregard its claims as "God's Word." As stated, I do have my own take on things. My belief system is certainly not found in the Bible.

Joen: I am not comprehending the point you are trying to make.

Phizzy: Great take on it!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    The Cross is utterly central to the gospel but as Paul says, it is foolishness to the world. The world prefers atheism or a form of christianity that denies the utter essentials.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Blubbery

Listen to five minutes of this wierd lookin guy and tell me what you think.

Carrying the Ark of Glory: https://youtu.be/Mwn8LjgDe2Y

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

@JoenB75

You mean that a gruesome lethal weapon (Cross) is utterly central to the gospel ?

Even if you had meant the death of Jesus, why would an innocent man be killed in the most gruesome way, that achieved nothing ?

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

I understand that Jesus died on the cross. He discerned it was time to go home. He allowed the unfortunate natural order of things on this planet to go to their fruition. He asked that those nailing Him to the cross be forgiven. If God had made it a requirement for Jesus to suffer and die like that, would Jesus have needed to ask that they be forgiven?

This is not to detract from Him saying He was the Way and the Truth and the Life. He was and is. Thus I very much pay attention to His teachings!

Thank you!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Blubberyk9,

Nobody comes to the Father but through me John 14:6 / Ephesians 2:18

When you see med you see the Father John 14:9

No Father without the Son. So it is not like the Son merely tells the real deal about the Father. The Father is only approachable for US because of the Son.

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Vanderhoven: I'm sorry. As a person who has studied security, I do not allow indirect scripting from various websites. I will have a look elsewhere if you give me the url.

Thank you!

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Joen: So far, I agree with you especially on the last point. If we are differing, I am not seeing it. :)

Thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit