Does The WT Keep Files On ExJW Activists?

by NotFormer 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg will continue to be its own worst enemy.

๐Ÿ™‚

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They do make it easy for us, donโ€™t they?

๐Ÿ˜

• jhine
    jhine

Well l am neither an ex JW or deep thinker but it would be nice if the observations of an outsider in some way contributed to making a pimi have doubts . Jan from Tam

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Vidiot;

They sure do.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Jan, it's hard to gauge how effective a conversation at the door is in getting the JW to think or question. I doubt that the crossed swords approach of my last two encounters are very effective. When you meet with hostility, you tend to double down.

A kinder gentler conversation may bear more fruit. But they don't seem to want hang around for conversation anymore, even at the rare times they turn up. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Does the WT keep files on ex-JWs?

Yeah, probably - the activists, the popular ones, the ones WT think will cause most trouble for them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Mike and Kim once related how they do.

Something about a map. A marker or a pin on the WT map or some indicator was moved after a Mike and Kim video dropped.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - โ€œโ€ฆthey don't seem to want hang around for conversation anymore, even at the rare times they turn upโ€ฆโ€

I think even the rank-and-file are starting to realize that the door-to-door ministry is, for all intents and purposes, defunct.

• Gordon
    Gordon

Haha, I tell the JWs who I am - I give them my name, so when they get to St Peter's gate, they will be reminded about the day that Gordon XX warned them to get out of the WT Cult.

Over 30 ago I had a tract ministry about JWs- I used a printing service that shipped out Christian tracts and they put some of mine in for free with their orders. I have gotten responses back from foreign countries, too. Two years of that work and I was done. I decided that my calling was to live a normal life= no more beating my head against a brick wall with JWs- then the Internet started up and my mimeograph became obsolete anyway.

I doubt that the WT headquarters made a connection about my old KH closing up around 2011 and me going door to door in that city (1989-90) and also leaving my tracts at every city around that KH and talking personally to households, for the decline/closure of that KH about 20 years later. It was all Gordon's fault!

Nope, they won't give me credit for doing that. The personal work of one ex-JW, which caused the eventual closure of that KH and left a 500 square mile empty KH-free zone was a job well done. Maybe I have I paid my penance to God for preaching a fake WT religion. I heard from my kids, back when they were still going to the KH, that I had ruined the D2D work for that KH- and my kids and ex-wife were ostracized by other JW, because of a fear they were somehow contaminated by me (I was living 1000 miles away after the wife divorced me). It took awhile, but eventually my ex-wife and my son and daughter all left JWs- they didn't like being on the "marked" and "watched" list, so they moved away and never had contact with a KH again. My daughter is a Church member, my son declared his faith in Jesus, too. I've said enough.

• Biahi
    Biahi

That is a great story, Gordon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit