Does The WT Keep Files On ExJW Activists?

by NotFormer 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It occurred to me that the WT, if they can identify the activists that are currently campaigning against them, would have a lot of ability to compile detailed dossiers on them. Once identified, the elders of the appropriate congregation could be asked to forward copies of all their membership details held locally.

Would they do that, and do such dossiers exist?

(There are probably data collection rules governing such things in a lot of countries, but by no stretch of the imagination could the WT be considered a good corporate citizen)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I wouldn't put it past them, but it sounds like something that would not be worth the risk. I doubt they would gain much by trying to keep tabs on them aside from knowing that they are 'opposers.' Their congregations would have publisher cards, and maybe they get a copy of those, along with any files that the local elders have.

Going any further than that would require work that I doubt the GB wants to do, and that they would not want to delegate. Set a loyal brother to the task of checking up on apostates, and before long you might have a fresh apostate on your hands.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Set a loyal brother to the task of checking up on apostates, and before long you might have a fresh apostate on your hands. - Tonus

ccheerful winking yellow smiley with thumbs up

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like Nixon’s “Enemies List”, but way, way lamer.

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TonusOH - “…Set a loyal brother to the task of checking up on apostates, and before long you might have a fresh apostate on your hands…”

A recent (alleged) insider indicated that the GB actually has a small team of hard-core uber-dubs who do, in fact, monitor the XJW community.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I believe the GB have people monitoring this forum and others and that's what precipitated some of the more recent admissions and changes. They adjust just like the Borg

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The WT and GB have people monitoring this forum.

Probably the reddit forum.

And From what Ive heard correctly,,, they have "spiritually mature" people watching every possible "apostate" video that is released. Ever.

That means the Borg has people watching "apostate videos",, all the time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yeah, no chance that could ever go sideways.

😏

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

To me, that's just begging for trouble. The one apostate that JWs know about is Ray Franz, who spent decades preaching in foreign lands and spent almost a decade as a member of the governing body. He was assigned to help write the Aid to Bible Understanding book, as well as the occasional article elsewhere. And he couldn't resist the lure of that sweet, sweet apostasy!

If they have people monitoring these sites, I wonder if they sit down to review what they have learned. How long before those meetings degenerate into "I gotta say, this exJW made some pretty good points..."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    How long before those meetings degenerate into "I gotta say, this exJW made some pretty good points..." ~ Tonus

I could definitely see that happening when you consider that all the serious deep thinkers are now congregating here (and similar sites).

We are the (former) JW's that used to be able to stand up and defend (and explain) the JW doctrines -- that is until such time that these things could no longer be explained or defended.

The R&F JW who is still there is incapable of doing anything beyond handing over a JW.borg business card and running away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit