The JW Spin - why governments and opposers should let jws handle abusers themselves

by Robo Bobo 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1) This person is an idiot.

2) No one is saying that JW congregants should not be able to confess their sins. There is no confessional for JWs. They should be able to confess. They just cannot cover up child abuse and expect moral people to approve.

3) How does this writer KNOW what the "Sex Offender" file contains?

4) This moron is telling everyone that the WTBTS has a Sex Offender Data-base.

Thanks, idiot! Keep up the good work!

DD

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    How can they possibly know that the abuser has 'never reoffended'?
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Even people who have never been JWs will be at risk." ( paraphrasing )

This is exactly what happens if you don't report alleged or actual abuse. The Superior Authorities who are set up by God, according to the WTBTS, don't want abusers re-offending. They don't want JW pedophiles attacking "worldly" children while the Elders protect their own members.

Did I mention what an idiot this person is? Also, what happened to Xian neutrality?

DD

• Mephis
    Mephis

The bible sure is inconvenient when arguing that pedophiles should be protected from secular authorities because 'religion'. 1 Peter 2 (NWT).

13 For the Lord’s sake subject yourselves to every human creation, whether to a king as being superior 14 or to governors as sent by him to punish wrongdoers but to praise those who do good.15 For it is the will of God that by doing good you may silence the ignorant talk of unreasonable men.

• zeb
    zeb

• zeb
    zeb

"..after ceasing their activity.." that is one huge qualification. From where does the author get such a figure.?

So the victims then don't matter?

• talesin
    talesin

zeb, he's playing with the numbers. From the John Howard Society in Alberta (I looked this up earlier, before I commented, just to confirm his gross distortion of the facts). It could be 15% after only 5 years, keeping in mind that these statistics involve those who were caught and reconvicted. It naturally follows that not all are caught.

[Edit: Children don't matter to the Watchtower, and he is a zealot.]

http://www.johnhoward.ab.ca/pub/C24.htm

A long term follow-up study of child molesters in Canada found that 42% were reconvicted of sexual or violent crime during the 15-30 year follow-up period.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I've left a comment on this blog and surprisingly he responded, the usual pathetic excuses though, although he failed to address the UN membership
  • talesin
    talesin
    jookbeard, I can only find his replies. and not the comments. I might know 'Lester', too. Did he delete your comment? I was looking forward to reading that.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    he replied via my gmail talesin, I am Lester, he clearly wont show our responses sadly, I should have screenshot them, bit late now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit