Book of Revelation

by Whynot 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Even when i was young, and we were studying the Revelation book at the book study, there was quite a bit that i could tell was complete and utter nonsense.

Considering how "deep" , "apocalyptic",and "prophetic" the book of Revelation was supposed to be, i always felt that the Borgs explanation for the scripture saying "happy are those who make it to the 134 days", or however many days it was, rang so hollow when they said it compared to the conventions in the early 20th century.

REALLY???

Those stupid ass conventions are REALLY?? the fulfilling of Revelations prophesy. I dont think so. I was a teenager reading that crap, and saying to myself, this seems like a LONG stretch that the Borg is making, to try to fit themselves into the book. It just rang so hollow.

Finding out years later, that after i was out of the borg, they "updated" the Revelation book, and had some stupid supplemental pages for it, just made me laugh, and confirmed how they have no clue what they are talking about.

• TD
    TD

Nothing is every going to top the 1600 furlongs of Revelation 14 being the distance from Scranton PA to Brooklyn, NY provided you took the Hoboken Ferry.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Didn't you guys know?

Everything is proof that the WTS is right!

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

William Barclay made some good comments about the relevance of Revelation being of it's time and not prophetic...

Unbelievable in retrospect to think how we stretched minds and tried to make sense of it in the Climax Book....with it's grim images etc.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    westiebilly11 - "Unbelievable in retrospect to think how we stretched minds and tried to make sense of it..."

It's not that unbelievable, actually.

It was required, after all, and it's not like we were really exposed to anything else.

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

2+2=5 — Jehovah will make the new scrolls available for download on JW.org.

The GB never said that! They said, "Jehovah may make the new scrolls available for download on JW.org."

lmao

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Dunedain - "Finding out years later, that after i was out of the Borg, they 'updated' the Revelation book, and had some stupid supplemental pages for it, just made me laugh, and confirmed how they have no clue what they are talking about."

Yup.

Outdated right-wing conspiracy theories, powerless/nonexistent bad guys, and enough conceptual cross-pollenization with other apocalyptic Christian groups to choke an alligator with (to this day, I suspect Freddy Franz was a closet Hal Lindsay fan).

By the 21st Century, WT eschatology needed a page-one rewrite. :smirk:

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."- Adolf Hitler, often miss attributed to Joseph Goebbels. How many times did we get dragged through this is the book study, was it three times or only 2??

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Waton - "How about Babylon the Great not being Christendom but a bigger middle east based outfit?"

Yeah, ticks some of the boxes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."- Adolf Hitler, often miss attributed to Joseph Goebbels

I have long suspected that the WT leadership...

...know it's wrong...

...but believe it's "true"...

...at the same time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit