Book of Revelation

by Whynot 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Whynot
    Whynot

One of the things that really bothered me is how most of the book of Revelation isn't understood by most JWs. Most of the trumpets were already sounded many decades ago, is that still right? It seems like most JWs just look the other way. I remember when we got the new updated book and I was really hopeful for new info but I was very disappointed. I also remember thinking, do they really think we're going to believe this crap?

I remember pointing out how most historians point to a different year for the destruction of Jerusalem but how we must trust Jehovah's timeline and how those archeological findings aren't accurate because they dated hundreds of centuries after it happened. I KNOW, I KNOW !!! I didn't know at the time and this was before I read Gentile Times Reconsidered by Carl Olof Jonsson. Little did I know that I put doubts in 2 people attending there lol

Seriously, I'm surprised it took me this long to wake up

• waton
    waton

we found ourselves in the wt Lord's day that started in 1914. 1919 was added since (F7DS appointment), overlapping generation aka 2 witnesses update?

New generation not interested anymore. Baptism without mentioning wt doctrines in preparations.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I just wonder what old John was smokin'when he wrote Revelation! Some really powerful sh*t I bet. Not even LSD trip could be that fantastic!

just saying!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Easily their most batshit-crazy publication of modern times. It’s screams cult.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Revelation was, of course, written for the people of the time, and was a thinly disguised attack on Roman rule. It is not prophetic of our time, or any future time, at all

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Seriously, I'm surprised it took me this long to wake up

I think a lot of us feel that way . . . . now!

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I was just thinking about this book yesterday.

My spouse is adamant that new scrolls will be open in 'the new system' because of the content in Revelation. He is PIMI. I am POMO.

Whoever wrote this book was definitely high on something. And 'evidently' it was almost not canonized.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Some JWs seem to zone out when "deep stuff" is brought up at the meetings. Many more just don't retain it.

They can't even explain or defend their basic doctrine anymore, nor are they equipped to have any meaningful conversation with outsiders about their religion.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    My spouse is adamant that new scrolls will be open in 'the new system' because of the content in Revelation.

Jehovah will make the new scrolls available for download on JW.org.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it is simply arrogant and mind numbing that JWs think that the book of Revelation (written by a man in an obviously drug induced stupor), has its fulfillment in a small group of fringe religionists in 20th century USA!

How they try and justify a prophetic fulfillment to some small convention in the 1920's for instance is simply laughable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit