Silly Bible Stories we once believed

by RULES & REGULATIONS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

These Bible Stories are too silly to be true. Take off your rose colored glasses and you will begin to see some great IMAGINATION, EXAGGERATION AND GREAT STORY TELLING!

telling !

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I believe God is having fun, yes just to see how far He can he go . Will there be any instruction where man will say, ok God this is a joke,right...Ezekiel 4:11-15 "The Poo bread". OK so Ezekiel planning out the siege of Jerusalem and he ask God for help. After he is told to lie on his left side 360 days and lie on his right side for forty (why I don't know) he is then told to eat (4:12) barley cakes cooked over human waste. If this is not bad enough in verse 13 he tells him, the children of Israel will eat their poo bread among the Gentiles. I'am sure the Gentiles are saying, "now that's a organization I would love to be a part of". So after he was told how to cook the bread God tells him, OK I was joking (verse15) you can use cow dung instead of human poo. I guess cow dung is more tasteful.

• waton
    waton

The current midweek "book" study of the two impossible ladies, one a certified virgin, the other beyond menopause and both pregnant. leaves some speechless, gives you pause to think.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The entire bible.

• venus
    venus

Interestingly, Bible itself gives something that negates the rest of the things it says.

See what it says about how everyone would be judged. All nations—including atheists—would be judged according to humanitarian acts each one performed, not according to belief in any God. (Mathew 25:31-46)

In outlook and wisdom, Bible writers too are no different from Pope John Paul II who attributed his survival from assassin’s bullets to intervention by “Our Lady of Fatima.” See how he failed to wonder why “Our Lady of Fatima” didn't guide the assassin’s bullets to miss him altogether.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just search for these great youtube channels:

Messed up bible stories

Non Stamp Collector

Dark Matter 2525

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

I liked your comment about Ezekiel, James. I always thought that was a horrible way to treat your main prophet at the time. Several years back when my parents were on a low-carb kick, they kept telling me the virtues of "Ezekiel bread". I told them that I wanted nothing to do with it, as I knew about the baking process.

• venus
    venus

Look at the wisdom of the writer of "Lord's prayer." (Mathew 6:9-13)

* Let God's name be sanctified (redundant, His name is inherently and always holy)

* Lead us not into temptation (something God would never do)

* Give us our daily food (this is like a fish in the ocean seeking water--we are flooded with provisions for life's enjoyment--all fruits, seeds, grain ... in thousands of varieties)

* Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors. (teaching God how to behave Himself)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What about the one of Samson and the 300 foxes he catches ties their tails together and sets them alight into the fields of the philistines .Judges 15:4,5

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As for who killed Goliath ? David or his brother Jonathan ? or was it El-ha-nan ? 2Sam.21:19-21

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit