Celebrating Wedding Anniversaries Is Unscriptural! You Gotta READ This!

by AlanF 25 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting
    Worship belongs exclusively to Jehovah God, as He himself says:' I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion'

Okay. We've all read/heard that.....to the point we wanted to vomit. But to immediately follow that scripture with:

..... The female organ called the 'hymen' is named after the God of Weddings Hymenaeus, who was worshipped by the pagan Greeks.

suggests that men (and possibly women) are worshipping the femal organ called the "hymen".

No offense.............but ewwwwwwwwwwe.

As usual, your perversely funny sense of humor shows itself, Alan. Thank you for the ewwwwwe & chuckle. It was realistic......as this is exactly how the WTBTS uses a scripture to support/damn anything they damned-well please.

waiting

ps: I had no idea you were so close to my age (info thanks to a mutual friend of ours). From your pictures, I assumed you were waaaaay younger than me, young'un.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Yeah, Waiting, I had some fun with this one. Yup, we're a couple of old farts, past 50 now.

AlanF

• minimus
    minimus

No wonder the Apostle said that Hymenaeus was "handed over to Satan."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hi Alan,

: Nowhere in the Bible do we find that mates are to be worshipped, or that there should be a Wedding Anniversary Day kept in their honor. Worship belongs exclusively to Jehovah God,

Of course, the WTS ties a wedding anniversary with being "worshipped" all in the same sentence. They are good at that crap. If one would notice that non-transistion-transition in that simple sentence, one would notice how the WTS plays their games with their members.

Next, the WTS forces the illusion that celibrating a wedding anniversary involves some sort of "worship." Well, I'll tell you what. I've been to countless wedding anniversaries and no one worshiped a damn thing. "Worship" is a buzz word used the the WT Cult and most dubs don't get that just having a good time with some folks celebrating whatever with those folks is not "worshipping" those folks. Most dubs just don't get this simple thing.

Final point: the WT magazine and most WTS books focus on one thing and one thing only: THEMSEVES! If anyone is BEGGING for worship, it is the leaders of the WTS.

It is certainly not some couple celebrating their 40th or 50th wedding anniversary. They just want people to say "Right on! Congrats! We are so happy you two made it so far through so many travails!"

I hate the WTS. May they rot in the hell they've made for themselves.

Farkel, of the temperate and mild class

• minimus
    minimus

WTS=ALANF

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Top post AlanF, though you gave the game away too early - you could have strung everyone along for ages. I could just imagine a few scratching through old volumes looking for the article quoted, saying "I don't recall ever reading that before".

cheeses - in admiration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit