"We Want You To Know That the Governing Body LOVES You"

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

It's easy to say "I love you" or "we love you".

• minimus
    minimus

I remember sitting at those meetings and seeing certain elders beaming with pride because the governing body was conveying their love to them.They actually believed it!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

They actually believed it!

As noted above, this definitely wasn't my experience! There were some Bethel elders who certainly believed it; they were looking after their long-term futures! But most were 'realists' as were those 'at the top'. I found, however, that there was certainly much revering of Fred Franz when he was visiting. Ted Jarasz was viewed as an adopted aussie, but generally I wouldn't say that the expression "the GB send their love"was received with anything but embarrassment.

Most local congo elders jst got on with their lives to be bothered about the GB.

Cheers, Ozzie

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

We Want You To Know That the Governing Body LOVES all you stupid sheep with your brains on hibernate.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Awww, I love the governing body too! In fact, I love them so much that I am putting up the offer to f*** any of the members up the a**. This is an optional blessing from Jeehovah.

• minimus
    minimus

It's always a treat when you read the introductory comments in the Yearbook from the Governing Body!

• bebu
    bebu

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Laying down your life may also mean daily self-sacrifice (which seems to be harder than just dying, to me!). Good parents know what love is. Good friends do. True lovers do.

If Jesus set the standard, why aren't they following his example? Isn't this what they charge christiendom with failing?

bebu

who is too tired to fix all the font problems

• topanga
    topanga

was that before or after they read the yearly cash intake?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Does anyone remember the syndicated Spiderman comic story of the late 70s about the "Loomis Love Cult"? Their catch-cry was "Loomis loves you", even as they were dropping Spidey's girlfriend (back then it was Carol) out of a high-rise apartment window, on Loomis' order. This post reminded me of that...

• minimus
    minimus

At the District Conventions, does anyone know whether they are still saying, "We want you to know that the Governing Body loves you and sends you their love"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit