"We Want You To Know That the Governing Body LOVES You"

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At a number of elder's meetings with the Circuit and District Overseers, over the years, we were told that the Governing Body loved us. The GB were said to truly appreciate all of our hard work in behalf of Jehovah God and his organization..............I thought thay you would be pleased to know how the Governing Body feels about us.

• blondie
    blondie

You wouldn't know it by how they treat the JWs, making rules for every detail of life, changing doctrine without any clear explanation, etc.

It reminds me of how people would tell me that my parents loved me because they had given me biological life. The abuse that followed my birth was much more evident of their lack of love for me.

The spiritual abuse the GB pours into its publications and their protecting their collective butts in regard to the child abuse issue rather than caring about the children that were abused proves who they really love, themselves.

Blondie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thanks, I doubt the Governing Body feels the same way about us now. I had an Elder, who knew the members at Bethel, tell me they are great guys and would give their lives for us. I told him I wish they would. He did not find that funny. I wonder why? Maverick

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My father used to say "I only do this because I love you" wham

My mother used to say "This will hurt me more than it will hurt you" wham

My mother sent me to foster care beause "I want to protect you" bye

The elders said they would disfellowship me to "help you" wham bye

Is there a difference?

I can do without that kind of "love"

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

At least cow and horse dung can be used as fertilizers.

Guest 77

• Preston
    Preston
    At a number of elder's meetings with the Circuit and District Overseers, over the years, we were told that the Governing Body loved us.

They can bend over anytime as far as I'm concerned...

nah, scratch that....probably not their thing....

• obiwan
    obiwan

Geeez minimus, I almost barfed when I read the thread title, at least give us a warning.

• minimus
    minimus

oh c'mon, folks.....you know they really love us. Don't you???

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Lady Lee -

No amount of words could get the point across better than your post did.

I agree completely.

Their kind of love is something no one would want. They put on an appearance of caring for you, but when the chips are down.. do they really? NO. Besides, you are only as valuable as how many hours you put in field service (also known as slave labor) and how many magazines you have peddled.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

When I turned on my 'puter and saw this question, I thought, "Oh yes! How quickly I'd forgotten."

Sometimes at a convention here in Oz I'd be sitting alongside a branch committee member when a GB member (or his rep) would say that and his reaction was..........embarrassed!

I don't think it's just in America, the people downunder cringe at it too.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit