55 Year Cycle shows up in March 2024 Watchtower

by was a new boy 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Ding

Remember though that the writers of the New Testament were raised to heavenly life in 1918 and may have even actually helped the writers of the May 22, 1969 Awake article with the finer details.

I graduated from high school in 1968 and went on to college while a bright fellow graduate told me that there would not be enough time left in this system to develop a career and that I'd better become a JW by 1975 or I would be destroyed. I told him he would wake up in 1976 with egg all over his face. What a waste!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Vanderhoven7

Vanderhoven723 minutes ago

@Ding

Remember though that the writers of the New Testament were raised to heavenly life in 1918 and may have even actually helped the writers of the May 22, 1969 Awake article with the finer details.

eh ? i must be missing something here.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Ding wrote: What those now dead WT authors wrote proves conclusively that the WT religion is not the truth. Should we ignore that?

You: i must be missing something here.

Perhaps the sarcasm?

The resurrection of the anointed Christians, who number 144,000, is to spirit life in heaven and it began to occur in 1918 C.E., after the establishment of the heavenly Kingdom in 1914.“ WT June 1, 1970 p. 331 "Faith to the Preserving Alive of the Soul”

In 1918 he (the apostle Peter) was resurrected to the heavens along with the other faithful members of Christ’s congregation who had died prior to that time. “(WT February 15, 1966 p. 123 “Does Peter Now Use the Keys of the Kingdom?”

Those who died prior to the establishment of the Kingdom were resurrected at the time of Jehovah's coming to the temple with his messenger of the covenant in 1918.” WT 67 8/1 p. 455 A New Administration of Earth's Affairs

The Watchtower has long presented the view that this resurrection of anointed Christians from death commenced in the year 1918.” WT 86 10/1 p. 14 Comfort From the God of Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit