55 Year Cycle shows up in March 2024 Watchtower

by was a new boy 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Did they hope that everybody who read the1969 Awake as a kid is too senile to remember?

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

Put this in Scandals, as the cowards refuse to show the1969 Awake on their website.

• was a new boy
  • was a new boy
    was a new boy
    p 23
    'As indicated at 2 Timothy 2:20-22, we may also need to be careful when choosing our close associates within the Christian congregation.'

50 years ago, my Presiding Overseer had half the congregation 'marking' the other half. You could feel the tension just walking into the hall.

Finally an Elder wrote Watchtower, that there were 2 camps at the hall. They sent in a committee to check it out, and they recommended he be transferred elsewhere, as no one had any respect for him. Which WT did, as he was also a Special Pioneer.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I have been reading Awake since 1969..."

And never woke up to the fact that it was dead wrong about the imminence of Armageddon, GT or whatever. 🙄

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Please stop talking about the 1969 Awake article. The writer is long dead. So what is the point of beating a dead horse on and on?

That writer is not currently writing for the WTS.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That might be a good approach for the current GB if they want to make doctrinal changes. Hey, the guy who wrote this stuff is dead. Check out what the still-living GB wants you to believe!

It might sound silly, but is it really any worse than failed end-times predictions and overlapping generations? At some point, you've crossed into parody, and that's a lot more fun than taking any of it too seriously.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Please NEVER stop talking about the 1969 Awake article. It messed up many young peoples lives, some of whom are posting here now. Exposing Jehovah's Witnesses past lies could possibly save some current young people from falling for their propaganda and making poor life choices. A lie is a lie no matter when it was written or whom it was written by...dead or alive.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Please NEVER stop talking about the 1969 Awake article. It messed up many young peoples lives, some of whom are posting here now.

👍👍

I totally agree!

Since that stupid article was written I have gone from being a child to an adult to a parent to a grandparent.

Everybody needs to know the shite they published and now try to hide!

• Ding
    Ding

Rattigan350,

What those now dead WT authors wrote proves conclusively that the WT religion is not the truth.

Should we ignore that?

Also, the people who wrote the Bible have been dead for nearly 2000 years.

Should we ignore that also?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit