Role Call, Number of Family Members Who Have Shunned You!

by The Bethelite 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

I've never officially been DFed, or the like.

My family seems to know I don't go to any meetings, and they have seen the occasional FB post about the May 22 1969 Awake "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things", various Scientology jabs (trying to relate to the other cult), and other very borderline stuff.

Despite that, I can still call my living parent and living grandparent and talk without shunning.

I have two other immediate family members, and maybe a dozen more distant relatives.

I removed most from my FB. I just don't need the drama.

I rarely call my parent. I have nothing in common with them, and they can be so depressing to talk to. Conversations are short and are always about the weather.

They have my number, but for years it's been me that initiates the call, 90% of the time.

I don't think I've talked to my siblings on the phone, ever, and it's been a few years since I've seen them.

If they weren't such downers, or if we had something in common, or if they took the opportunity to visit, then maybe things would be different.

I think in the last 15 years, I've been visited about 3 times by my relatives, and I've visited closer to 6 to 10 times.

I guess I'm not everybody's favorite. That's fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit