Role Call, Number of Family Members Who Have Shunned You!

by The Bethelite 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Ours are not outright shunning us YET. They keep their distance and seem to dodge us. Only family emergencies or invites to any WT event (you know...."spiritual" things). lol

We have a few "friends" doing the same thing, It's like you have horns and a pitch fork!

As far as we are concerned they can take a hike. Who needs em! Life is to short and we gotta go live it. Good riddance to em!

• LV101
    LV101

Heart wrenching reading these cases of shunning -- you're all tough and easy to see how the cult snags hurting ones back in line and under their control. What a desperate religion and they should be held accountable. Evil prevails in WT's case - they seem to weather any negatives.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s witness religion breaks up family`s. make no mistake about it.

i love how they try to weasel out of that fact .

" they knew when they left the JW religion and the association of there bros,& sisters, what the consequences would be ,so they in fact have shunned them ." ? or words to that effect .

I don`t think so .

People who leave the religion do not physically cut off all ties with family members they still want to have normal relationships with friends and families,,it is the practising Jw`s who cut off all ties and do the absolute shunning thing.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

For the last 13 years

5 sisters

11 cousins

3 aunties

6 uncles

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

So much sadness, so much pain and so much loss, and for what?

So they can feel righteous?

breaking families, breaking bonds and preventing love among families.

Just stupid.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the01left :

"Just stupid." those 2 words sum of the JW cult perfectly.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

Very much so Stan, very much so.

• LV101
    LV101

I wish we had billboards from one end of the country to the other (planet earth) -- one liner cult alerts re/WT destroys families, marriages and protects/promotes pedophiles. We could probably get law firms to spring for them re/pedophile horror.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

2 - Both my father and mother shun me, and my dad has never been a JW

4 - My sister is married to my husband's brother, and their two children.

4 - My sister in law and her husband, and their two sons.

2 - My mother and father in law.

2 - My husband's cousin, and her husband.

1 - My husband's uncle, who also left the Watchtower many years ago.

1 - The cousin who lied to my mother and convinced her to become a JW back in 1973.

10 - The children of that cousin, and their spouses, and two of their children. There would have been one other to this count, but he passed away at the age of either 34.

So a total of 26 people that I use to have a relationship with, and knew very well, but that number is a whole lot higher now because I've been out for a little over 18 years, so that means even more family members that I didn't get to know because of that stupid, hateful, and unbiblical rule of shunning.

This is not even counting the number of relatives who know about the shunning, never have been a JW, but choose to shun us anyways.

• Kathy1978
    Kathy1978

1 brother (since 2016), and he is the only one that I care about. My mom passed in 2007 and my dad and 2 other siblings are out. The other family shunning me is 1 Aunt and 1 cousin. But we weren’t close anyway so it doesn’t bother me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit