Recent circuit overseer visit - meant to scare ones into doing more?

by BourneIdentity 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maybe they want people to be so busy they can't learn a foreign language so they can befuddle the hounders with it. In America, they might accept Spanish--and want people learning Spanish so they can preach to people that can't be bothered to learn proper English. But, suppose you wish to learn something like German (and, when I looked up the nearest Grand Boasting Session in German, it is in Spain and not even in North America). They don't want that, because no one understands it. And then, if you get interrogated, you answer in German (as to why you aren't doing "enough") and they don't understand.

Languages aside, fear is the one language that everyone understands. And, if people could see what is the real threat, they would dump the bibles in the nearest rubbish can or burn them, and run away from all xian denominations (and not touch the quran, either, because that is just as bad). That bible uses fear to instill its spell against the whole world, so they can all be enslaved. Christianity and communism are the exact same program, with a few label changes on the specifics. Better to get rid of that bible (and not waste the money on a quran, either) before my soul gets tapped through it to be used to enslave the whole world.

And, if the hounders ask why, they had better understand German.

• Ding
    Ding

Perhaps the usual approach -- "You're not doing enough with Armageddon so close" -- is having diminishing returns, so the WT is upping the ante.

I have to say, though, that warnings about storm troopers rounding up JWs in their bunkers wouldn't inspire me to go out witnessing door-to-door where they could snatch me without even having to go hunting for me.

Nor would it inspire me to attend meetings at the Kingdom Hall where they could round us all up in one swoop.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

I agree with you that the trouble the religion is encountering in certain places is because of their policies and scandals. I hope any Lurkers on this site realize that.

In my opinion, ‘Persecution’ is when you are as innocent as a newborn baby and minding your own business and not breaking or skirting any laws and not having policies that are against the wellbeing of people.

• dozy
    dozy

What JWs forget to realise and the Society conveniently fails to point out is :

(1) Christians are being persecuted all over the world. The Bishop of Truro in a recent report described it as a modern day genocide.Virtually all of this is aimed at ( "Satanic" ) Christendom - not JWs ( who barely exist in countries like Iran , for example. )

(2) Russia is a brutal mafia state run by gangsters. Cross them and you are screwed. Lots of people & groups ( and countries - Ukraine / Georgia etc ) ) are getting similar ( and worse ) treatment.

Due to the GB's massive mismanagement of the situation , some bad luck and what was perceived to be a US connection , unfortunately they came up on the radar. Sanderson & his buddies couldn't get out the the country quickly enough - "wonderfully" , Jehovah miraculously provided airline tickets to get their fat asses on the next flight from St Petersburg to New York ( but the miracles seem to dry up when thugs are beating up rank & file JWs. )

Sadly , the persecution narrative helps the overall picture that the Society wishes to present. Unfortunately the Russian witnesses have been thrown under the bus.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

An older brother used to say, "We could face persecution before this system ends, and the brothers will make sure you get your fair share!"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The corrupt lying assholes who run the WTS , know how to hold and sustain the organization of which they live off from ...... FEAR

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Enemy Russia is just what the society needs. It keeps the business running. No need for better relations between the king of the property and the king of the North.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Haven`t they always been doing that even to the kids in the congregation ?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As a child in the sixties they were doing the same thing. They were going to throw us all in concentration camps. Police telling children if we don't renounce our faith they are going to execute our parents. Etc. It was on another level!

• Spiral
    Spiral

This always seemed to be the purpose of the CO visit, special talk, and the conventions.

Sometimes you'd get a CO that was all warm and fuzzies (good cop) but you could be sure the next one would be hard as nails (bad cop).

I also was a child of the 60s, and we had lots of persecution talks and demonstrations. So, I'd have to say, nothing has changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit