Recent circuit overseer visit - meant to scare ones into doing more?

by BourneIdentity 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

Have any of you just had a recent circuit overseer visit? We have him this week and his opening night was a doozy. His whole talk focused on persecution. One of the videos he played was when the authorities raided the Kingdom Hall in Russia. They were holding guns and wearing masks. It was involving Dennis Christensen and his 6 year prison sentence. During the raid, they edited in some pretty serious dramatic music to scare ones. I felt bad for children watching it. The theme of the talk was something like Satan will have no success against us. I think the Organization or the CO picked that theme to sound encouraging, but it was just a scare tactic to get people to do more as always. I would think the Society would have ordered all circuit overseers to discuss this same thing, unless the circuit overseer has somewhat freedom to choose what he’s going to deliver during his visits. It just boggles my mind how JWs are supposed to be the happiest people on earth and sharing good news, which couldn’t be further from the truth. They are the most depressed people and share very bad news.

• zeb
    zeb

did the video mention the gb doing a 'runner' from Russia and being more concerned with their properties there than the r&f jw?

I recall similar scare tactics being used in the past. They upset me so must have done awful things to the kids. Bastards!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sanderson showed in Moscow that dispite his posture he could be a medal winner at the next Olympic games. Hero.

G.

• sir82
    sir82

Fear makes for good business in WT-world. Keep the drones anxious & busy, and they won't have time to get into "trouble".

• Biahi
    Biahi

This is child abuse, pure and simple.

• waton
    waton
    Bi: They were holding guns and wearing masks. prison sentence. During the raid, they edited in some pretty serious dramatic music.

Nothing compared to what is happening in mosques, synagogues and Churches though. Fighting each other. Wait until wt production Inc. gets going on that.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    I heard the same things during a recent CO visit.
  • tiki
    tiki

Tales of torture and concentration camps....all that rhetoric led me to a serious panic/anxiety disorder. Fear ruled my life thanks to that horrible religion. And they continue to perpetrate that abuse. Awful, just awful. I pity the children locked into that despicable web.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The theme of the talk was something like Satan will have no success against us.

I don't think Satan is the one causing their demise. You can only deceive, cheat and abuse so many people before critical mass is reached.

Welcome to Critical Mass (what took us so long?)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Music is meant to induce an emotion response. Take the same video, but this time edit in the Benny Hill theme song music and see what the effect is. Emotional manipulation - it's what cults do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit