Watchtower today

by Gorbatchov 22 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

All an attempt to guilt trip the flock into making donations. This is the exact thought they want the flock to have:

"If so-and-so can give olive oil, surely I can spare 20.00"

Governing Body has no shame.

• jp1692
    jp1692

"Seeking Riches That Are True" ... yours!

Please give. God needs money. He told me to tell you to give it to me.

• waton
    waton

look at par 12, Math. 19:21.

Jesus encouraged the rich young man to give it all to the poor, not the temple, then God's approved organisation. so:

do not give to the rich wt. org. even if it still claims to be g.o.d's approved, spirit directed organisation. give to the poor, then you will have treasure in heaven.

be a good listener, listen to Jesus, the greatest....

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I remember them being very proud of the fact that we did not have collection plates passed at the meetings. This separated us from Christendom.

So now the watchtower comes with its own collection plates as a link to donate.

Waton - that scripture in Matthew also does not match what the watchtower said a few weeks ago when discouraging brothers from helping refugees with material things.

Again I am left wondering why the "sheep" can't see these things. Sigh.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Follow the money: were are the property billions?

Undisclosed as it always been.

The WTS never comes out openly and reveals its yearly or monthly balances.

Millions of dollars have been held by certain branches ie. Canada, UK and not once did they come out and say we have this amount in are branch.

The cash cow known as the Watchtower Corporation has indeed gotten fat in recent years.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Bunch of filthy-lucre loving hypocrites this GoBo!

Like all other hierarchical religious beasts, they never stop crying, "more, more"!

• waton
    waton

mcte: great thoughts; remember that and scratching my bare head. pleae out up a link, quotation.

the last thing that the needed need is to be recruited into a scheme where they donate free labour to "advertise, advertise" the overlapping generation. ha ha.

The sheep will be lauded for humanitarian deeds. period. Math. 25.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Interesting that Watchtower will let me donate from Australia to the JWs in the USA but won't let me donate to tbe needy in Bangladesh.

• zeb
    zeb

... and any day now they will be putting out an on keeping your debt load under control....

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

good find jwleaks

,When will the penny drop with religious people that GOD does not need money to do what he needs to do to alleviate the suffering of his people ,? after all he is the Almighty GOD isnt he ?

Why does he even need money.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit