For those who have lost a child

by Lady Lee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One other group who are mother's but never had the chance to hold their child are those who have lost a child. Some because they chose to give their child up for adoption. Others because of miscarriage or stillbirth. And some because they opted for abortions.

You are still mother's. Many people forget your status. Many people don't want to remember. Perhaps some people don't know.

I am very lucky. I got to watch my children grow up. But I almost lost one by miscarriage. If I had lost her I would not be any less her mother.

My heart goes out to you today. I don't know who you are. But please find a way to celebrate this part of you - motherhood

Lee

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lady Lee, it is very nice of you to remember that these days can be bittersweet for some. I am glad my two children are with me, that I have not lost them.

Wow. What beautiful roses.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

How kind of you (((Lady Lee))) to have a thread like this.

Every woman who has ever conceived or desired to conceive bear the bear the scars of motherhood. We never know the depths of emotions someone has endured while dealing with the life that has been thrusted upon them or consequences of life's choices.

So no matter what, always be proud of doing the "best that you can".

Hugs to all the mothers out there.

j2bf

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Lady Lee, you are a gem. Thank you for starting this thread!

I have so many friends who are struggling with fertility issues... as I did for a long time, and several who have just never had the chance to be biological mothers. Also those who have lost children to miscarriage, stillbirth, and by any other event and who are left many days very much feeling that they have been forgotten.

My heart is more with them today than with anyone else! To me, every woman who has ever nurtured, loved, or cared for the soul of another human being is a 'mother'. The word should be accepted worldwide as more of a verb than a noun.

Thank you so much for your post. For all those out there who are having a rough day...I have been there, and I remember. And today, I remember the two children I lost before they were born, they are no less my children than my daughter is. I think today should more be a celebration of women's contributions to the world, not just those who have given birth.

love,

essie

• sameoleme
    sameoleme

I too have lost a child to miscarriage. I will never forget the unborn on this day, as I celebrate with those I can hold. Thank you for the reminder. Congratulations and a peaceful day to all the mothers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((essie and sameoleme)))

Thanks for sharing

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

LadyLee: Thank you I always think of the child that would be 16 now, miscarriage is hard to live with. But., I treasure the two I have.

• Redneck
    Redneck

Thanks LadyLee..Most people never give athought about that and how hard a day this can be for them..We lost Twin girls lil over a year ago Sandra was stillborn and Erica passed away in my hands 17 minutes after her birth..So this is a bitter sweet day for her..Thanks again for thinking about the ones who are mothers without there children here...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My heart goes out to each one of you. I cannot begin to imagine those empty arms. I can't even find the right words if such a thing existed as "right" words. Just know I think of all of you.

Lee

• LDH
    LDH

Lady Lee,

This is a beautiful thread. Thank you for thinking of others. I try to remember to wish all of my girlfriends a Happy Mother's Day, because I think all women are mothers in their own right, even if they have never carried nor given birth to a child.

Redneck,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your wife must still be devastated. Give her a big hug for me.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit