Do you think the general public cares about former Jehovah's witnesses?

by Christian Gutierrez 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

When their accomplished and wonderful shining children come home from college and announce they are quitting the chase for success and they want to worship God the way he wants to be worshipped, etc., - parents start looking for information like desperate climbers hanging by a toenail.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As a born in, I thought everyone in the world knew about JWs, and that we were so important.

As I started my fade with the support of friends in the community, one thing kept being highlighted to me : "no one even thinks about or cares about JWs"

• never a jw
    never a jw

Do non JW-care? Only if they were part of a cult themselves. Otherwise, JW world is a remote place of weird people who don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays.

Even the young guys and ladies raised in the "truth" don't care much, especially if they were never dunked in the pool.
  • Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez
    This is a bit of a challenge. I think there are some good and creative ideas mentioned here on how to get the word out. There are still too many getting baptized from the public. Especially in the States and in developing countries.
  • Chook
    Chook

I think it's a bit of sympathy flaw to tell others are about cult origins . When people get know the real you then a hint of the cult might liven the day , but normal community people don't talk church attendance. Our peaceful life is in our own control.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

No why would they? They got a lot of more important issues so that some one being dupe by a mind control group is of little importance to the average person unless they are personally effected by having a relative that's a Jdub.

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

Just WOW, that last post from Outlaw with a photo of a group of brothers in front of KH; one of those ol geezers is my Dad! I swear it is him or a doppelganger! That's all just wow.

• Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

This is why i started to wake up...when i realized that people didnt hate JW's....most people have no idea what JW's believe. JW's always talk about how the world is rejecting the "truth". People have no idea what JW's believe nor do they care. At best the "world" feels pity for JW's because they are deprived.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

So why would a all knowing God use such a insignificant corporation as his earthly organization to give the wicked a fair warning before he went nuclear on their ass at armegeddon? A typical Jehovian faux pas?

• steve2
    steve2

Christian, my impression based on numbers currently getting baptised at conventions is that the numbers are dwindling and of those numbers most are younger ones raised in the religion. Compared to a couple of decades ago and earlier,relatively few people on the outside are showing much sustained interest in JWs - particularly to the point of baptism and beyond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit