If Jesus had to choose his earthly organisation NOW, who would win?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Trump. He has the same skill set as the GB.

• Island Man
    Island Man

It would not be a large, self-serving, self-praising organization like the JWs. It would not be an organization that claims they alone are the truth and all others are nothing, even while that organization itself has a history of error. It would also not be an organization that treats allegations of pedophilia in the manner that JWs and other large organizations, treat it.

Jesus would choose a humble non-denominational church that preaches the bible instead of boasting and promoting itself as the only true religion. It would also be an organization that truly cares for children and deals with those who abuse them, in a serious way.

The Jesus of the bible detests prideful boasting and the showy display of ones righteousness and the discounting the righteousness of all others as "nothing". (Luke 18:9-14) The Jesus of the bible hates the pharisaic practice of focusing on preserving image and outward appearances over truth, justice and righteousness. The Jesus of the bible also loves children and said woe to those who stumble such little ones.

The Jesus of the bible broke the sabbath law to show compassion to the sick saying that his father is one who 'wants mercy and not sacrifice'. He would certainly have choice words for the JW organization which advocates the opposite view, painting his father as one who wants sacrifice and not mercy, when it comes to the matter of blood transfusions. This is how you can know that the Jesus of the bible - if he exists - would not choose the JWs.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Yep, Island Man, but remember, Jesus had to start his own religion. He couldn't reform the Jews because the Jewish leaders wouldn't accept him. And if he came today as a man, established religions wouldn't accept him, either. Established religion has too many people at the top to ever accept anyone. If a prophet were to announce himself today, what religion would acknowledge him (or her)? Ellen G. White had to start her own religion because no other church would accept her visions and declarations. If a prophet came and identified himself as such to the Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics, Western Baptist Convention, Methodists and others, none of them would accept him or her. Why? Because they all have leaders or he would teach things they didn't believe in.

That's why God wouldn't choose an existing religion. Also, this concept of a never ending Hell is hardly "Christian" in its teaching, is it? If YOU don't choose your religion correctly, you end up burning forever, for countless trillions of years. Why? Because YOU chose the wrong one. I've heard many preachers tell congregations they were in danger of hell fire because they only believed in Jesus; they didn't have the right kind of relationship with him. And for that they must suffer forever, because of one mistake...choosing the wrong religion. Christianity 101 states that 1) Jesus is the great judge of mankind; 2) he's just, merciful, kind and loving; 3) he's God in the flesh.

If God would throw you into such a place just for making a simple mistake, He's hardly just, merciful or kind, right? So with all the other churches teaching HELL in such a manner, it makes God choosing one so much more difficult. Most, I think, would be repulsive to Him.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I think it is better to let the 44th American president give the answer to your question :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poz6W0znOfk

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Assuming Jesus was who his followers say he was, he wouldn't need an organization! And, he'd be awfully disappointed by the organizations that say the represent him.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Doubting Bro » Assuming Jesus was who his followers say he was, he wouldn't need an organization!

How do you get that? Seems Jesus built his own church with apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, deacons, bishops, elders, seventy and so forth. And he gave Peter the keys of the kingdom, allowing him to seal both in Heaven and on Earth. The JWs amuse me by pretending they have those keys because they can't tell anyone how our in what was they obtained them! Jesus told the Twelve: "...I have chosen you and ordained you." Strangely, no one in the WTBTS is ordained, even members of the Governing Body.

• barry
    barry

Everyone Knows God the father is Catholic and Jesus is an Anglican while the holy spirit is a Pentecostal.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Cool Steel - Are you saying the Catholic Church is Jesus organization? Seriously? I can't think of an organization with a worse history.

Plus, Jesus didn't put all that organizational structure in place. Paul did. Now, you may believe Paul was acting under Jesus instructions but that's difficult to prove. If Jesus wanted all that structure in place, why didn't he do it?

Reading the Gospel accounts, Jesus pointed out time and time again how power (religious or otherwise) corrupts and that following an organization was not the way. Didn't he say "I am the way".

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Doubting Bro » Are you saying the Catholic Church is Jesus organization? Seriously? I can't think of an organization with a worse history.

Nope. Didn't say that at all. I'm saying that Jesus didn't have much luck with existing religious movements of his day. So he created his own. I also don't believe it lasted. As prophesied, it failed, the apostles were killed, the keys were lost and the church passed from God to the political authorities in Rome. And once lost, the keys could only be restored by Jesus Christ (Acts 3:18-21).

Plus, Jesus didn't put all that organizational structure in place. Paul did. Now, you may believe Paul was acting under Jesus instructions but that's difficult to prove. If Jesus wanted all that structure in place, why didn't he do it?

I'm not sure how you arrived at this conclusion seeing that Peter was the senior apostle and held the keys of sealing power in Heaven and on Earth. Jesus was the one who established his church. He created the quorum of the Twelve and the Seventy (which also was had under Moses), and when the gospel was opened to the Gentiles, the revelation came not to Paul but to Peter.

There are many questions the Bible doesn't answer and we should be careful not to make assumptions when we hit gaps. The church was Christ's and it was of great importance to the ancients and was said to pre-date even the creation of the earth. It was not created by man, then "chosen" by God, but just the opposite. It was created by God, then chosen by those who sought His will.

Reading the Gospel accounts, Jesus pointed out time and time again how power (religious or otherwise) corrupts and that following an organization was not the way. Didn't he say "I am the way".

This is close to the "birthday" logic of the JWs. Structural organizations can be corrupted so they must all be wrong. But as we've seen, the early church was a structural organization. Moses had a brilliant structural organization in which the priesthood was used to minister to the needs of men. So the church was the link between Man and God as the ancient Christians saw it. But it couldn't be led without revelation, as the current JWs claim, else the blind would lead the blind and both leader and follower would fall into the pit.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Mary K inc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit