If Jesus had to choose his earthly organisation NOW, who would win?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

We all know that the Society claims that Jesus invisibly chose the Bible Students (forerunners of JW) in 1919 to be his organization here on earth.

Yet, as we know, SO MUCH of what they then taught and did was wrong according to current teaching and practice.

The reply witnesses will give is something like "they were the most sincere seekers of truth blah blah...and Jesus could see their potential"

SO, pretend for a moment that the CURRENT organization and the 1919 organization were both in concurrent existence at the time he invisibly came to choose...

WHICH would he choose? The current or former?

The current has morphed into something very much like that which the former organization used to criticise, so who would Jesus choose?

• Chook
    Chook

Neither , he would rightly refer to them as sons of vipers.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You didnt give him very many options! Both were or are self-serving in self-aggrandizing not much like Jesus

• steve2
    steve2

I don't know who Jesus would choose, but I suspect that Paul would find it very hard to choose between the then Bible Students and current JW organization.

Paul had a thing for all sorts of congregation rules, guilted congregations into listening to him over anyone else, talked scathingly about anyone who questioned him and honed shunning to an art form so well articulated that JWs could virtually use it to justify their own shunning policies.

• zeb
    zeb

neither. One was involved with the occult. and the other is arrogant beyond measure.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The concept of man creating a church and having it "chosen" is unique. Anciently, God was the active force and man the passive. The JW concept of man being the active player and God being the passive player is a concept that originated with the early leaders of the Watchtower Society.

But since you give us only two selections and ask us to choose, I think old Jah would go with the earlier organization. As far as I know, it didn't exercise the dictatorial control over its followers and how they were to dress, groom themselves, educate themselves and so forth. And somehow, he'd have to go with them.

Given further latitude, I think he would choose the Eastern Orthodox faith.

• steve2
    steve2

As far as I know, it didn't exercise the dictatorial control over its followers and how they were to dress, groom themselves, educate themselves and so forth.

Except to note that the President of the Watchtower Society in 1919 was Joe Rutherford who was to completely revamp the organization within the space of fewer than 10 years so that dress, grooming and goose-stepping to organizational requirements became the norm.

Oh, and this so-called "clean" organization still hadn't come up with the stupid teachings around 1925 and the "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" campaigns that have been a stain on the organization's history ever since.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Yes, well I'm assuming that once Jehovah chose the organization that he would have made some personnel changes. If I'd been Rutherford, I would have built a nice mansion for the resurrected prophets who would soon be coming to the earth. Then, when they didn't show up, I'd kind of move in for lengthy respites -- you know, just to keep the place comfortable and "lived in." Then...er...wait. Never mind.

I'm sure there would have been some changes.

But if I were Jehovah, I think I'd choose another leader. Of course, doing it invisibly has its problems. People don't always do what you want them to when it's invisible. I would have used thunder, lightning, power and great glory, then chosen someone else. I don't know how I would have gotten that last part across if no one could see it, though. Spectacular but invisible. Difficult indeed.

It's difficult to run an organization when the leaders can't see you or hear you or have no idea what you want. You can yell, "NO SHUNNING...love each other like I said in the New Testament," and they do just the opposite. If you start striking them all dead it just makes room for opportunists and new rules.

• Carol1111
    Carol1111
    I don't think he would choose anyone who did not follow his instructions at the last supper, or anyone who encouraged people not to do that, or anyone who was not baptised into his name.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If Jesus had to choose his earthly organization NOW, who would win?

It would be an organization that could reach the most people..

The Obvious Choice Is......................"You Lose WatchTower!"

Image result for Mcdonalds 100 Billion served.Image result for Ronald Mcdonald

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit