Ozzie's Weekend Poll #49

by ozziepost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Princess,

I guess we never had time to notice the shoes; we were too busy looking at the faces!!! You know how it went...if you see two faces together, watch out!...and if you see three...well, it's a JC for you, old girl!

Cheers, Ozzie (say hi to Steve)

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Wow Ozziepost, I always love your posts.

LOL, it really is amazing how this religion has made everyone, especiallys elders, into "one size fits all"! They are the same the world over.

All I can do now is laugh at all those qualities you printed, thinking how I used to be so tied up in that silliness and how good ole hubby was in the thick of the pack! Glad those days are over.

Hugs to you and Ms. Ozziepost.

j2bf

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Hello to the Ozzies on this fine day.

I am going to go with

# 4 talking/giggling in groups while the meeting show was going on.

#5 they have the biggest briefcases and are were always looking through them while the meeting is was going on.

#14 there were one or two that would say hello, most would rush right by because they had something important to say to the other one.

#15 other they were allowed to give a summation of the talk or council in the prayer lasting 5 min or more.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubby's ID

• Mulan
    Mulan

When Dave gave talks at a KH unknown to us, we could usually spot the elders. They were the best dressed, best groomed, and the most serious looking men there. Some might call them "tight assed".

They commented the least, were the least friendly, and generally were dull.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hi Oz & Mrs Oz

Keep your pecker up,

Elders are those who ask you a question but don't expect you to answer.

Elders are the ones with the biggest clipboards in town!

Elders are the only ones capable of speaking to God in prayer

Elders are the only ones allowed to break their own rules, that they may have just brought in.

Elders are the only ones who are allowed to lie and get away with it.

But apart from all that we must give them honour and respect as GLORIOUS ONES . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kt

• obiwan
    obiwan

Number 3 and 7 definitely!

• onacruse
    onacruse

You gals and guys all just crack me up! LOLOL

Thanks for the levity...I needed a break from all that philosophical spam I'm trashing out on other threads.

Craig

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd pick 4, 5, and 8.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ozziepost, I'd say in my experience: O T H E R

They'd be the ones deliberately on their fault finding mission. Checking out to see who needs counselling with one glance (minus context of any sort).

That's what I remember, but most of what you listed is dead on.

Enjoying my first day off...feels good!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

3. They're the ones wearing suit coats in 100 degree heat.

And Other: they are asking probing questions to find out who they are going to cause problems for...next!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit