Ozzie's Weekend Poll #49

by ozziepost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

How's this weekend going for you? Seen Sky morning news, had the bacon and eggs for breakfast? Sounds good, eh? Here downunder it's already Sunday evening and we're waiting to hear the soccer results from the end of the Premier League season. Yep, there's plenty of soccer followers down in Oz!

Like many others who have families emotionally abused by the borg, we too have had our heartache this weekend, so I guess we're just about ready for some reminiscing!!!! So, let's go polling.

This weekend's poll question is:

How can you identify the elders at your Kingdom Hall?

1. They wear Elder Smith name tags.

2. They're the tallest men at the Hall.

3. They're the ones wearing suit coats in 100 degree heat.

4. They're the ones talking together in a group.

5. They're the ones with big briefcases.

6. They give really "spiritual" meeting comments.

7. Their Watchtower Study comments are small lectures.

8. They're the only ones allowed to talk "off topic" in their Watchtower comments.

9. They give most of the comments.

10. They give the least comments.

11. They're the last to leave the Kingdom Hall.

12. Their wives look the most bored.

13. They all wear dark blue suits.

14. They're the ones who don't say Hello!

15. Other (please detail)

We're looking forward to reading your responses.

Enjoy.

Oh, BTW, next weekend's poll is our fiftieth! So, to mark the occasion we have a light-hearted one planned on something you'll all relate to. See ya then. Enjoy your week.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

4. They're the ones talking together in a group. - yes

5. They're the ones with big briefcases. - always

7. Their Watchtower Study comments are small lectures. - especially on what they perceive to be "problems in the congregation"

11. They're the last to leave the Kingdom Hall. - always (I used to be an elders daughter *sigh*)

15. Other (please detail) - they're the only ones that approach you with a stern face and ask to talk to you in the back room!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ah yes, the back room! Wasn't that an institution! Rather like the Borg's version of the Star Chamber.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

15. They are were the ones generally who had a look of smug self-righteousness and and air of self determined authority.

cheeses - who as a good leader of the flock said - "Let's get the flock outta here".

• blondie
    blondie

How can you identify the elders at your Kingdom Hall?

3. They're the ones wearing suit coats in 100 degree heat.--because it was their badge of identity

4. They're the ones talking together in a group.--which is why they never have time to talk to anyone else

10. They give the least comments.--because they haven't read the material yet (I have seen elders give talks when they haven't prepared--just remembered they had an assignment when they walked in the door)

14. They're the ones who don't say Hello!--If an elder talked to you there had to be a problem brewing

Blondie

• kaz
    kaz

they are the ones who are bare face liars if they smile they would crack thier face

• gumby
    gumby

Wow Ozzie,

You reminded me of many elder triaits I had forgotten. You did an exceptional job this time with your choices.

4. They're the ones talking together in a group.

8. They're the only ones allowed to talk "off topic" in their Watchtower comments.

11. They're the last to leave the Kingdom Hall.

12. Their wives look the most bored. ....This is a classic !

15. Other (please detail) Their noses are still brown from the CO's last visit.

• Princess
    Princess

You forgot Elder shoes. You know, classic brown/black with enormous black soles. Steve and I used to joke about elder shoes along with elder briefcases.

The problem with identifying elders by all the obvious signs was trying to differentiate the elders from the "wannabes". Many of the up and coming MS's wore elder shoes as they got ready for their transition into elderhood.

• DJ
    DJ

14. They're the ones who don't say Hello!

This has been my experience several times and BEFORE they even knew that I wasn't one of them! Very unfriendly and arrogant in my corner of the world....I think they are terribly insecure and angry men.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    12. Their wives look the most bored.

too funny

brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit