Juarez MX Assembly Kingdom Hall to be sold.

by ironsnake656 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think they're in real financial trouble and simply have no option but to sell assets to stay affloat. It's not part of a long term strategy, it's panic selling. What are they going to do when they run out of assets to sell?

Plus selling assets may produce a downward spiral, as morale goes down, contributions go down, and more assets need to be sold.

It's no wonder really when you think about it. JWs are a worldwide publishing company with dozens of expensive branches and tens of thousands of workers, but since the 1990s no reliable steady source of revenue. Voluntary donations clearly never made up for the charges for literature. Now they don't know what to do, except to sell the assets they accumulated during the good times.

Mexico was once a major area of growth for JWs at 5% plus increase per year. Now it's close to zero.

• Listener
    Listener

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I wonder what else they've got in mind in order to get more money?

They've been calling on the Bro's to simplify their lives, sell their belongings and homes and downgrade to units. Maybe they'll intensify their urgency for doing so and ask for the proceeds to enable them to speed up their preaching work.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Kudos to my paisanos. Don't pay, don't contribute, don't attend. Es un pinche culto.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

As a$$embly halls are sold off, the r & f will have more and more long distances to travel. Nevermind the smaller KH's being sold-off. People will start to ''wonder'', even the ''hardliners'' will start to wonder WTF!!! And lose patience.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Listener

I think in a few years they will have some "new light" and stop shunning people so that all the people who want to leave can and in doing so will mean they can sell off lots more kingdom halls off

• steve2
    steve2

Here's the maxim to follow:

A religion that thrives/

would never downsize.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One has to wonder if the Mexican young are sticking around anymore then their America counterparts? I think that maybe the higher ups know that their growth is done and with so many leaving they might as well sell what they can when they can. If 60% young ones leave and another percentage of older ones leave die or are dfd. What's their really over all growth or decline rate? Can't be good.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pepperheart - "...even the 'hardliners' will start to wonder..."

I'm certainly beginning to suspect my Mom is.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    never a jw - "...don't pay, don't contribute..."

Never underestimate the impact of "voting with your wallet".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit