Juarez MX Assembly Kingdom Hall to be sold.

by ironsnake656 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

The Assembly Hall's entrance.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Every country has the government it deserves.
    Joseph de Maistre

If this doesn't wake up the locals Ws, then shame on them.

• steve2
    steve2

It won't wake them up. Other American-originated religious groups in Mexico - LDS, 7th-Day Adventists, Pentecostals - tithe members so Mexicans as poor as they are seem to accept that money and religious affiliation go together.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

With all the cuts the watchtower have made these past years as well.I shall have to keep on trashing as many mags and books that i can

• ironsnake656
    ironsnake656

Thank you for your comments in this post. Although this AKH is in Mexico border, a lot of brothers from El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM come to Spanish assemblies in Juarez. About 10-15% of attendance is from US. An the same happens when the conventions are in El Paso and Las Cruces, brothers from Juarez go to those cities. And according with steve2, they will not wake up. People in Mexico, despite their socioeconomic background, are attracted and attached to any religion/cult. There is a considerable growth in some cults like Pentecostals, LDS (I saw lately a lot of young elders in streets), even in Holy Death cult.

• Chook
    Chook

They will probably get the gullible brothers to build a new one.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And how many new construction projects are being initiated to replace it?

I'm guessing...

...none.

:smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

No religious organizations does this in a time of growth. This signals streamlining and cutbacks.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

I think the watchtower know they are going to be around for a long long time and so are trying to make the billion dollars they got from selling the new york bethel off last a long time

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Since Assembly halls are generally used only 2 days a week, and sit mostly vacant 5 days a week, I have always wondered how they have found it economically efficient. Surely it would cost less, all things considered, just to rent a stadium or other facilities for the assemblies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit