How old would Br. Franz be today if he overlapped himself?

by waton 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Does this require some form of time travel?

• sir82
    sir82

If your goal was to come up with a topic more convoluted and undecipherable than "overlapping generations", then congratulations, you have succeeded.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Please don't anyone waste any time working out how long an overlapping generation can last. You might as well try to map out the end of a rainbow. When the time comes they'll come up with a new explanation. The sheer futility of the mental exercise involved in taking the proposition at all seriously is just too depressing to contemplate.

• waton
    waton
    If your goal was to come up with a topic more convoluted and undecipherable than "overlapping generations", then congratulations, you have succeeded.

sir82, There are some that are interested to what the formula that wt published really works out to.II is called the applied science method. . If you cant call the numbers you do not understand it. JWs would be appalled to learn that David Splane, by using the "F" *word, moved 2075 into the realm of possibilities. * F for Franz.

More convoluted for some is the fact, and explanation, that the anointed generation formula contradicts Jesus definition, timeline of that group or the groups of people.

For good reasons our assigned symbols differ only in shade.

• waton
    waton

Discussing current wt doctrinal dilemmas is the service we wish we had rendered to us when we were young.

• jp1692
    jp1692

We now have a JW inspired curse: Go overlap yourself!

• waton
    waton

SBF, jp1692, The generation question is the one uniquely problematic for the WTBTS. and for that reason it deserves to be hammered.

I have done more than 86 laps around the sun, passed the baton to the next generation and the next. overlapping twice already. so, sorry, it is not the last time you will see generation threads generated. , if it annoying, hopefully more so for wt writers, lurkers.

rub it in.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Have you seen a pix of this overweight middle-aged man? He is one pork chop away from a heart attack.....New York44M

"I Want to Die, Face Down,

In My 3rd Helping of Dinner!"

Image result for watchtower mark sanderson.Image result for Face down in plate of food

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Watson: The generation question is the one uniquely problematic for the WTBTS.

It is a self-inflicted wound.

FYI: I have "hammered" away on this particular issue with more effort and effect than you'll ever know!

• Listener
    Listener

I love this teaching. If so easily shows how these are just ideas of men and there's not one verse to back it up. I try to always mention it when speaking to JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit