We're you regular at all the meetings?

by Hellothere 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett
    Even now, I tend to feel like I have to hurry home after work, even though I don't have any obligations in the evenings anymore. It stays with you.

Yep. For quite some time after I was no longer a JW, Tuesday and Thursdays continued to feel like the 2 crappiest days of the week because your entire evening was disrupted sitting in a Kingdom hall. Having to rush through your meal the moment you walked in the door from school or work, then get dressed up in a suit, drive to the hall to sit through tedious nonsense.

At least on Sunday, it was over by noon and you had the rest of the day to do enjoyable things.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"At least on Sunday, it was over by noon and you had the rest of the day to do enjoyable things,"

Like Sunday brunch after the morning Sunday meeting.

As your stomach growls through the WT study thinking ahead of scrambled eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausages. Or on holiday weekends thinking ahead of gravy, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce. Like Easter Sunday,,this weekend sitting through the WT study.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    In Sarf London we

the ancestral home of the triffic innit tribe.

• Gorb
    Gorb

4th generation of very regular attending.

Field service also. 60 hours till I drop at the last day of the month.

Madness!!!

G.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    We're you regular at all the meetings?

Yes. It was hell.

• Mum
    Mum

I was so regular that I had a head full of minutiae about "types and antitypes." I began to see the whole thing as nonsense and a way to keep JW's off the street and at the same time, feel pseudo-intellectual.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"minutiae about "types and antitypes"

It's strange to think that in an alternate world, Fred Franz would have been just another crackpot like 'SeaBreeze' or the 'JWAnswers' or guy or 'enoughisenough', that most everyone just rolls their eyes at. But everything happened to align where his personal delusions ended up having power over millions.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

SdyBarrett, If some of us are crackpots, how would you describe yourself? and how do you know who is rolling their eyes?

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"types and antitypes" Didn't the GB came to place cause they wanted remove power watchtower president's hade? Instead of one mental patient, suddenly they had several🙂 Imagine Fred Franze being part of JW broadcasting. Explaining the Locus or book of revelation.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Yes, I enjoyed all the meetings and the people there too. The local group Tuesday book study was good for building friendships and helped keep an eye on the elderly more needy ones. Then things changed.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit