This Is It...

by JW_Rogue 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

There's a scripture in Joel that says God will reveal prophecy, visions and dreams to certain folks in the future. (Joel 2:28-29)

Another scripture in Amos has God saying that he won't do a single thing until he has revealed his confidential matters to his prophets. (Amos 3:7)

Since the GB of WT Land do not know how to interpret prophecy, then they aren't his chosen ones per these two scriptures above. They have no God appointed authority because 99% of their interpretations past/present have never come true.

I have my own interesting speculations about the future but I would never hand over my creative works for them to steal. Even if I sent a journal of my findings they would either throw it away or get me in trouble for independent thinking.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

prophecies are best understood after they are fulfilled.

And this statement is coming from a GB member who is a recipient and directed by God`s Holy Spirit ?

What`s the point of a prophecy then ?

• Half banana
    Half banana

Bible prophecy is completely useless-- and I stress completely. Since when has it ever helped individuals?

But GB interpretation of useless Bible prophecy is worse than useless, it actually harms people and wastes their lives.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

No worry here. When their perdictions don't happen then they will just say it was all misunderstood on what they were saying. Or they may blame the flock for not doing enough in service to God. There, problem solved. Still Totally ADD

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Tony didn't seem very convinced himself. "We prayed about it and 2/3 of us concluded that Russia is king of the north. Then I was picked as the sucker to announce our collective conclusion. Did I mention we prayed about it?".

Exactly what I thought, seemed like he still had some reservations about the whole thing

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Amos 3:7 talks about revealing things to prophets. The GB says they aren't prophets, so doesn't that mean that they aren't qualified to prophesie?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Not one Bible prophecy has ever come true in the terms with which it was written. NOT ONE.

I need say no more.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

What stood out to me was the way they kept dragging things out to make it seem as if there was some big revelation to come at the end of the program. It was if they were trying to keep people on the edge of their seat. Stephen Left even told them to hold off going to the bathroom lest they miss out on what was coming.

In the end, they pretty much said " yes, isn't it exciting? This is it but it doesn't necessarily mean anything right now". The audience seemed to be quite ready to giggle at the most feeble attempts at silly humor on the part of the G.B. even though they were talking about something that was of earth wide significance to mankind.

I thought it was odd when David Splane began speaking to the audience, he started off by saying that he was there to cheer them up after all the bad news they had heard in the previous talks. I thought the nearness of "The End" was supposed to be good news because it meant that the end of wickedness and mankind suffering was at hand. After all, isn't going from door to door supposed to be about delivering the Good News of Gods Kingdom to the world.

The whole thing was further evidence to me that these folks have become even more out of touch with reality than they were when I was attending 10 years ago.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But the JWs will be all aflutter about this for months!

• Ding
    Ding

This thread reminds me of Walter Martin's comment when a JW told him the WT are prophets "in a sense."

He said, "No, no, none of this 'prophets in a sense' business. Either they are a prophet or they aren't a prophet. Now which is it?"

Silence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit