This Is It...

by JW_Rogue 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Just finished watching the talk by Tony Morris on John Cedars channel. Sounded to me that he was hedging his bets. On the one hand he says "This Is It" and out of the other he says prophecies are best understood after they are fulfilled. Even most JWs will subconsciously realize that when he says "This Is It" what he means is that "This is what we came up with to drum up some enthusiasm because people are leaving."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

" ........and we certainly dont want people to leave for when they leave so does the money "

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Watching Morris it is clear that he doesn't have what it takes to convince someone that the GB has deciphered that end time prophecies are coming true today. He almost seemed to be giving the talk knowing that most don't believe this stuff anymore.

• Ding
    Ding

By hedging, the WT has it both ways.

It makes JWs feel guilty for not doing more when the end is so close.

Then when the end doesn't come, they blame JWs for running ahead of Jehovah's chariot.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are just designated sales representatives for the WTS , lured into the publishing organization upon deceit, coercion, lies and corruption.

The WTS and its leaders were always about getting their literature distributed as well other items they produced, lying about the end times was just a marketing strategy that was scripturaly an act of apostasy.

• sir82
    sir82

prophecies are best understood after they are fulfilled.

Captain Obvious here....

Of what possible benefit is a prophecy if it can't be understood until after it is fulfilled?

Hey! Everybody! I just heard a prophecy that the stock market is going to crash in October 1929! Sell all your stocks now....oh wait....never mind.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

The whole KOTN thing is a charade when you break down what they actually said JWs are no closer to their supposed Armageddon then they were before. They are playing it both ways so they can easily change it at later date. It is a temporary revision for the few that still think bible prophecy is important.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • blondie
    blondie

The WTS philosophy of prophecies fulfillments not being understood until they are in the midst of such fulfillment is and old philosophy and has been used since Russell's time. But most jws are not aware of WTS history.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Tony didn't seem very convinced himself. "We prayed about it and 2/3 of us concluded that Russia is king of the north. Then I was picked as the sucker to announce our collective conclusion. Did I mention we prayed about it?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit